OP
OP
S

slik419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other torch seems to be doing well. I was only able to do one dip treatment because of work schedule and since then it has been happy with tentacles extended and no further tissue recession. Seems like the reef is happy again! Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions.

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if your other corals are all fine then one of two causes. 1. It was already messed up before you got it, or during the shipping it was too hard on it. or 2. its got a bacterial infection. be careful because if it is a bacterial infection, it will spread to your other Euphyllia. there are other infections that dont cause BJD like symptoms. i know because it happened to me. i lost 3 torches and 2 hammers to an infection. by the time i realized it was bacterial i had already lost em. i ended up doing a cipro dose in my tank and that saved the rest. if i was you i would do a KFC dip immediately. and even then, its prob already too late. sorry man. sucks that is a BEAUTFIUL coral to lose. SMh.

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i think he meant recover. they have a recover product meant to help infections
Restor is a product for helping lps recover from bleaching due to fragging and light exposure but it also is a good amino supplement to help their health in general when having an issue. Will not fix infection though.

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Restor is a product for helping lps recover from bleaching due to fragging and light exposure but it also is a good amino supplement to help their health in general when having an issue. Will not fix infection though.
their site does say "aids in freshly fragged coral recovery", but its still just amino acids, its like dosing AB+. Its coral food. i guess in a way, food can help everything recover lol. :)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back