Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you say stop feeding the nem? It eats well each time and I was told that eating is an important aspect of rehabing color in the anemone forum.

i have the seachem ammonia test kit and badge that both ready 0 for ammonia.
Unfortunately these are my only lfs. Other than the anemone thay have been great for me. But I am going to ask my questions on this forum as well before making new additions.

the expert opinion for others like yourself is important before I add anything else.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you say stop feeding the nem? It eats well each time and I was told that eating is an important aspect of rehabing color in the anemone forum.

i have the seachem ammonia test kit and badge that both ready 0 for ammonia.
Ok. Your last few parameter posts said ammonia was 2ppm. That's why I said to stop adding any extra food...

OP
OP
M

MB_Reef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, the nem doesn't look like the type that typically hosts clowns, so if you got it hoping it will, that'd another reason to return it to the store and get your $ back.

*You are new and learning, and it's maddening that the people who should have helped you seem to have lied to you instead. I know you're doing what you can, so I hope you don't take my comments as criticism toward you.
Of course not, i very much appreciate your input!

I believe 1 of my clowns is being hosted by the nem, did i get lucky? He is very protective of the nem.

Attachments

• IMG_3708.MOV
    24.6 MB
OP
OP
M

MB_Reef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Your last few parameter posts said ammonia was 2ppm. That's why I said to stop adding any extra food...
I gotcha. Ya thats my readings from the API test kit which seems to be giving false values. Thats what most of the discussion has been about in this thread.

fish dont show any symptoms of ammonia and other tests are showing no ammonia, but API shows 2ppm.

@brandon429 is keeping an eye out on the ammonia levels with it possibly being a misread from api testing.

all test kits are well within expiration date.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course not, i very much appreciate your input!

I believe 1 of my clowns is being hosted by the nem, did i get lucky? He is very protective of the nem.
I don't see any "host/hostee" behavior in this video. I also see very little flow...

When a clown makes a nem its host, it is much more obvious... it will look like the clown is trying to bury itself inside the anemone.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotcha. Ya thats my readings from the API test kit which seems to be giving false values. Thats what most of the discussion has been about in this thread.

fish dont show any symptoms of ammonia and other tests are showing no ammonia, but API shows 2ppm.

@brandon429 is keeping an eye out on the ammonia levels with it possibly being a misread from api testing.

all test kits are well within expiration date.
Ok. I have several annoying people on "ignore", so I may have missed some conversation.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
M

MB_Reef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any "host/hostee" behavior in this video. I also see very little flow...

When a clown makes a nem its host, it is much more obvious... it will look like the clown is trying to bury itself inside the anemone.
I have a wavemaker but cant find a good spot for it that doesnt blow the anemone all over

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed the fish normally each day-nothing extra, nothing withheld. We're pretending this is a testless cycle and awaiting any tankwide symptoms, or lack thereof, while also tracking ammonia as indicated by non digital test kits Eeyore

We're also tracking how predictable it is that bottle bac always protects animals from harm. I don't believe the ammonia reading is real due to a nine page thread of collective misreads on the same kit, all tanks also without symptoms and some two years old. Two year old reefs can't lose ammonia control without cause, and we've never seen a cause also occur with symptoms.

The only known cause of ammonia noncontrol in display tank reefing is mass fish kill before the rise in ammonia due to disease or hardware issues, ammonia doesn't rise first to cause a fish kill in anyone's reef tank display: there's too much active surface area.

This is a live rock including system; those also don't allow ammonia buildup as claimed. It's us vs the non digital test kit :)

Last edited:
Avast

brandon429

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Later today when lights come on can we get a full tank shot picture/ alternating between test kit readouts and the overall tank health big picture is perfect compare and contrast for the matter

pH too, need to know that / chemists factor it against your stated ammonia readings to factor nh3 portion which is the only form reefing cares about. The reading initially off the kit is nh4 and we are required to guess what ten times lower would look like (nh3 conversion) as applied to reefing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MB_Reef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Later today when lights come on can we get a full tank shot picture/ alternating between test kit readouts and the overall tank health big picture is perfect compare and contrast for the matter

pH too, need to know that / chemists factor it against your stated ammonia readings to factor nh3 portion which is the only form reefing cares about. The reading initially off the kit is nh4 and we are required to guess what ten times lower would look like (nh3 conversion) as applied to reefing.
pH 8.0
Ammonia 0.5-1ppm (decreased again)
Nitrate ~20-40

brandon429

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey nice thats all on track well

hows tank doing/ everyone happy still?

this is one of my favorite dry start cycles all year / we won’t see many people willing to hold course on the original cycle without buying several preps

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
M

MB_Reef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, looks great. Blue lights currently so hard to take a picture. Two new zoa frags today, opening up nicely already.
Hey nice thats all on track well

hows tank doing/ everyone happy still?

this is one of my favorite dry start cycles all year / we won’t see many people willing to hold course on the original cycle without buying several preps

brandon429

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Closing out our analysis here using updated cycling science

BHartwig you’ve made a thread + documentation of readings contrasted to animal behavior that represents the exact challenge cyclers face when using non digital test kits as the sole meter for closing out a cycle.

three links to very in depth, patterned studies of Red Sea and api test kit misreads were given here: all had the same outcome as you= normal animal carry. No symptoms of pain whatsoever

we matched your readings and timeframes and test kit reading lag times to seneye tracked cycles to continue a pattern study

we predicted the timeframe rather closely it would take for your api test to show compliance, the health of your reef held as predicted

There were contrasting opinions collected here, but not contrasting links for proof we got to read showing backing for the opinion your fish were harmed

only emotion filled the counter position, that’s key pattern study between new and old cycling science

old cycling science uses pressure and anger to try and guide you, it doesn’t ever mention disease preps

old cycling science wants you to buy 2-3 rounds of bacteria increasing your cost of cycling, even though we can see you didn’t need it- nobody needs to do that

old cycling science disavows years of study linked here which we used to guide your tank and make predictions and provides no such links: all you get from old cycling science is warnings that never pan out

the reason your tank was this predictable is because here’s forty pages of tanks exactly like yours below, this is new cycling science and you have allowed us to study crucial rare patterns again using the rare trait of no flinch reactions or purchase additions, you simply held strong and allowed us to compare your tank to these here using the updated means

all these cycles were like yours

@EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal , my spirit animal thanks you for your friendliness, open mindedness and insight + links to your cycle studies

8E1C4508-FF98-455E-8723-EFD709CE0F66.jpeg

Last edited:

brandon429

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Look how misled that cycler was

Four pages of ammonia focus, zero mention of disease preps, this is the pattern

That was a full live rock skip cycle, withheld from the poster by peers here in your thread who've seen the skip cycling thread posted to you (post #49).

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Buckeye
Back