+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates?
got a naso tang myself. little dude's not eating anything.
If you want, you can post a new thread and we can try to sort your fish's issues out. Here is a link to get you started:

Jay

Nutramar Foods

Sam816

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want, you can post a new thread and we can try to sort your fish's issues out. Here is a link to get you started:

Jay
thanks for sharing the link Jay. I thought I would read all related threads & try what all suggestions have been posted before starting a new thread.
bumping old threads in hope someone might have cracked the code lol

OP
OP
Sakosreef

Sakosreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates?
got a naso tang myself. little dude's not eating anything.
Well unfortunately it died, I lost 2 large naso tangs so far because they refused to eat. I will try a smaller one but seems like they don't eat if they don't feel comfortable, I tried everything under the sun and it didn't work.

BRS

Sam816

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well unfortunately it died, I lost 2 large naso tangs so far because they refused to eat. I will try a smaller one but seems like they don't eat if they don't feel comfortable, I tried everything under the sun and it didn't work.
sorry to hear that. did u try to move it to a bigger tank? your DT may be?

OP
OP
Sakosreef

Sakosreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had them in a 75 gallon tank, they never made it through the qt process to "graduate" into my dt. I qt everything that touches my dt so I couldn't run that risk but I'm sure if it was in my dt it would eat but I would 100% lose my Achilles tang because of that

Sam816

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had them in a 75 gallon tank, they never made it through the qt process to "graduate" into my dt. I qt everything that touches my dt so I couldn't run that risk but I'm sure if it was in my dt it would eat but I would 100% lose my Achilles tang because of that
understood. its really stressing. I managed to get my moorish idol, kuiter's leopard wrasse and long nose butterfly( considered finicky eaters). even revived a half dead fathead anthia and get him eating. I don't understand what else can I do.

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Sakosreef

Sakosreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
understood. its really stressing. I managed to get my moorish idol, kuiter's leopard wrasse and long nose butterfly( considered finicky eaters). even revived a half dead fathead anthia and get him eating. I don't understand what else can I do.
I've gotten a few "expert only" fish through qt with copper and heavy meds without an issue, I met my match with the naso. I really think it just doesn't want to eat on purpose, I've heard people say if they aren't in an environment they like they won't eat but I'm holding a buddies naso that's 4 or 5 inches in a 20 gallon long petco tank and it's eating like a champ, the nasos i tried just didn't seem interested in anything I gave them.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back