Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I recently got a green gigantea and it has been looking ok so far. No serious mouth gaping and has only deflated twice a couple days apart when the lights were off on the HT. I am going to be away from the tanks for a couple of days at the end of the week and didn't know whether to start treating the nem now and only treat for a couple days and then continue treatment when I return or just treat when I return from my trip. Please let me know what the best course of action is. Thanks

Nutramar Foods

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on if the anemone is sick. You cannot treat it if you are away. !/2 treat is not optimal either.
If you have a great sitter, this may help but I think you are caught between a rock and a hard plate. Good luck

OP
OP
M

mmmmmmm

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be better to add some cycled filter media to a little HOB filter and let him ride out the next couple days until I can do a full treatment? I haven't seen it deflate during the day and the tentacles are sticky and responsive. No cloudy water or waste discharge yet.

BRS

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not do this. I think it will not like the HOB box and will craw around to seek better place. Depends on what your box is like, it likely cause obstruction to the outflow of the HOB, since it draw to current. This may/will casue problem for your tank. I cannot really specifically comment of this since I do not know what your tank is like.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Biota Marine Life
Back