+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how we know you're new.

What are excellent parameters? No live rock?? How are you taking care of ammonia??

"Flow strong to agitate the water to get more oxygen" ....yea
Don’t know what ur talking about

Last edited by a moderator:
AS

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what he is doing just got him 1 hour ago just moving tail while against glass also shake head fastly from side to side creating sand dust everywhere
Hello Jordan can I ask you to list your tank specs and perimeters so I can help figure this out?

AS

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shark is gonna die. You can tell by the pictures the tank was a freshwater with the fake pineapple and driftwood and a round rock.

Also tank is too small bamboos will get about 3-4 ft and are quite thick. Yes they don’t swim around much and a square tank is actually ok with a bamboo. You as a noob should still not own one and a bigger tank of about 300-400 gallons minimum is required.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to your question my answer is NO. That shark should be swimming side to side not digging in a corner.
A good tip for sizing fish is if your fish is longer then the width of your tank(not length) the fish is too big for that tank. Learned that one back in my fresh water days

OP
OP
J

Jordan1050064

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to know how long that tank has been up and running for. Maybe a few perimeters.
Okay let me get back at u tomorrow I’ve run out of the testing fluids thing however the last time I tested it was 3 days ago and it was in the green but I can’t remember the exact numbers and I want to give u the exact numbers so when the pet store opens I will get a new testing kit to give you exact numbers…but is 125 gallon tank for RIGHT NOW not forever

Last edited by a moderator:
Nutramar Foods

MERKEY

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Excellent, encourage the behavior, the fish will be dead in less than 2 months and you know that.
Sorry I feel that way.
Take it back or give it to someone who knows how to care for it, thats the only advice in this situation.
He's not encouraging the behavior he is saying to treat members in a better manner.

If this is fake and if this guy is trying to get everyone worked up, I think he's done it.

If this is real then we as a group need to help better than just say the OP is stupid and other negative things.

OP please do your best to get a proper set up for your shark.

If you don't know what you need then definitely ask.

So far we know you need a circular tank and if you can get your hands on some live rock that would be excellent as well.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

Okay let me get back at u tomorrow I’ve run out of the testing fluids thing however the last time I tested it was 3 days ago and it was in the green but I can’t remember the exact numbers and I want to give u the exact numbers so when the pet store opens I will get a new testing kit to give you exact numbers…but is 125 gallon tank for RIGHT NOW not forever
125 gallon is not so bad for now. 6 ft long. Round is obviously better but. So how long has it been up and running for ?

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

Good deal, for care beyond 2 months if the animal eats, you should consider a 700-1000 gallon tank/container, around 20k usd typically, also you will need around 800-1500 pounds of live rock(3-5USD/lb), some sort of commercial filtration system around 5-8k, and a food cost of nearly 500 a month as it matures.
You can do it, but be sure to price it in.
Also this species needs a fine sand bed from what I remember, will not be cheap.

World Wide Corals

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good deal, for care beyond 2 months if the animal eats, you should consider a 700-1000 gallon tank/container, around 20k usd typically, also you will need around 800-1500 pounds of live rock(3-5USD/lb), some sort of commercial filtration system around 5-8k, and a food cost of nearly 500 a month as it matures.
Also this species needs a fine sand bed from what I remember, will not be cheap.
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Excellent

I frigging cackled

Top Shelf Aquatics

thatone08

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh boy. That’s a lot of food.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t need test kits to know your salinity and temp.

9/10 ppl on here who tested their parameters in the past week or two could rattle off their primary figures in a heart beat, by memory alone.
my bamboo needed lower temp long term, around 75, back in those days everyone had a chiller due to hailides, I do not think this tank has a chiller.

BRS

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1625720761262.png

:)

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will result in either a thread ban or a temp ban from R2R, you are all adults so please act like it. Lets try and get the thread back on topic so I do not have to lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aqua SD
Back