Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you taken out and deep cleaned Nero 3 propellers? That works for me because Nero 3 is really "Tight Fit". Small amount of stockpiled debris (even slime) may easily prevent it's proper operation. Nero 3 is very sensitive in this regards.

Nutramar Foods

Reefer4fun

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just had my second Nero 3 go out. This is two within a month and neither were more than 3 months old. Just stopped wanting to spin. Everything in the app checks out. Anyone else have issues with these stopping?
Yep. I have both. 3's and 5's. The 3's randomly stalled at startup. The 5's run just fine

Poochaku

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you taken out and deep cleaned Nero 3 propellers? That works for me because Nero 3 is really "Tight Fit". Small amount of stockpiled debris (even slime) may easily prevent it's proper operation. Nero 3 is very sensitive in this regards.
yes, they were cleaned regularly.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have them randomly stop courtesy of snails - but I'm sending a 3 back now because it just never put out the power of the other one. I thought it was because they were linked so I removed the link and it fixed nothing. Really hopeful that it's a one off situation with this one. The other one works great and is the older of the two. No problem with cs whatsoever

Last edited:

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love everything about the nero's except that they dont seem to last very long for me either. I switched to gyres (for other reasons as well) and have ran an icecap gyre uncleaned untouched without issue for a long long time. IME the nero's were not worth the premium price if they dont last a couple years each at least

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
R

reef_of_the_desert

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the input. I kind of spaced this thread, but as an update, I did finally get an error on this second one that failed which was a motor issue. It seems it was legitimate. We will see how these two replacement units last. Fingers crossed

neonreef3d

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My 2nd nero 3 is going out soon, i can hear it, and it already stopped once, where I had to restart it.

I dont think i will buy this AI brand powerhead again. I saw the octopulse and those things are a flow monsters.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2nd nero 3 is going out soon, i can hear it, and it already stopped once, where I had to restart it.

I dont think i will buy this AI brand powerhead again. I saw the octopulse and those things are a flow monsters.
I've just given up on Nero's. Two failures in the last year, both less than 2 years old.
$500 pumps.

If an auto water pump failed in less than two years people would go nuts.

I've just received today a couple of Jaebo's to replace them. Those things last forever, and even if they blow they're only <$70

Top Shelf Aquatics
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Neptune
Back