Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to say whether it's alot without knowing what you have that would consume alk and ca in a day. What do you have for coral? Big LPS or sps colonies?

Ps. Or lots of coraline? Got a picture of the tank? How's your heater look?

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

get-salty

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So one of the new Nero 3s locked up this morning. I think the issue has to do with some kind of calcium/alk precipitation.

I got a suspicion I am dosing WAY too much ESV 2-part. For my 65g tank, I am dosing 96ml calcium, and 140ml alk daily. My alk swings from 9.6-11.5.. I can't ever seem to keep it stable more than a week.

I have my LFS coming to do a consult tomorrow - anyone else got advice on the dosing issue? I'll probably make a new post under the chemistry board.
wow 96ml and 140ml a lot more than what i dose on my 65gl. im dosing 16ml each daily. currently at 8.3 and 431. keeping LPS and softies

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow 96ml and 140ml a lot more than what i dose on my 65gl. im dosing 16ml each daily. currently at 8.3 and 431. keeping LPS and softies
I agree. It does seem like a lot, but we don't know about your tank to be fair. Fwiw I dose 10.6 ml pt1 and 2 for ~55gal to offset a 0.3 dkh daily swing. But I have low demand currently. Also you say 65 gallon system, but does that take into account water volume lost to rocks and sand? You may only have ~40 gallons of actual water for instance. Mg also plays a role in precipitation if I understand the science correctly. What's your magnesium level? Salinity correct? Mine has been off and it skewed everything else...

Top Shelf Aquatics

get-salty

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree. It does seem like a lot, but we don't know about your tank to be fair. Fwiw I dose 10.6 ml pt1 and 2 for ~55gal to offset a 0.3 dkh daily swing. But I have low demand currently. Also you say 65 gallon system, but does that take into account water volume lost to rocks and sand? You may only have ~40 gallons of actual water for instance. Mg also plays a role in precipitation if I understand the science correctly. What's your magnesium level? Salinity correct? Mine has been off and it skewed everything else...
my Mg is around 1350-1400 and salinity is 1.024. id say i have a medium load corals and fish. i feed my 4" yellow tang, 4" mimic tang, and 4" tomini a tons of nori. pellets once daily and mysis every other day.

scott_r

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Nero 3 just got over the 1 year warranty and no longer works ( second unit is fine).....Its been cleaned and soaked in vinegar bath with no help. What a waste. Stay away from these pumps..they arent cheap either.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

code43

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
I just bought a whole bunch of used and new equipment off my mate as he was upgrading tank size. I bought an MP10 (2 months old), 3 Nero 3s (bought within the last 6-10 months) and a few other parts. I collected them from his running tank yesterday and they spent a few hours in a citric Acid Bath, followed by scrubbing the wavemakers fully disassembled and rinsing and flushing in a bucket. They all connected to Mobius, but one of my Nero's is now displaying the flashing red led for stalling or blockage, and Mobius has sent me a ton of messages about a blockage. I have taken the pump apart and re cleaned it 5 times now and it's still got the red flashing light. The impellor will start spinning then just stop after 5 or so seconds. What's the problem with the pump? It was working perfectly in the acid bath and in my mates tank. Cheers for any help.
Mines brand new out of the box and doing this. Friend of mine never had any issues. AI sent me grease for the impeller strator, but that only worked for a couple of days. I’m going back and forth with them now through emails…

Roli's Reef Ranch

Review score
+1 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were bought separately over the course of 15 months, Ive contacted AI and just waiting for a response to see if this is one of the 2 pumps still in warrenty.
If you had bought them new, AI would be likely to work with you. I had a NERO 3 go out and they helped me out. I also bought it new. Problem was the powerhead dying, not the controller.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Copepods
Back