Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious, does the Hydros have a month-by-month controlling capability like the Apex does? if so, then I'll consider getting one for my coral spawning tank. Seasonal fluctuations are critically important for the coral to start making egg bundles in the autumn, and though managing everything myself will be possible, something to streamline it would be incredibly helpful.
Crikey, have you thought of writing more about your coral spawning efforts, that would be really interesting to read.

Julian

oldmonk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nanojoe
Very nice write-up giving side by side insight on both the controllers.
Beer Ok GIF by Busch

Have some questions regarding these controllers, will DM you.
Thanks .

Nanojoe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nanojoe
Very nice write-up giving side by side insight on both the controllers.
Beer Ok GIF by Busch

Have some questions regarding these controllers, will DM you.
Thanks .
Thanks for reading it. I’ll be glad to answer any questions!

Mr_Knightley

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crikey, have you thought of writing more about your coral spawning efforts, that would be really interesting to read.

Julian
I actually am documenting it! Here's the thread:

alabella1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ecotech and Neptune are owned by the same company (either Bertram Capital or BRS) I think. I do not think Ecotech will come out with a new controller because it would compete with the Apex controller. However, I could be wrong.
This is why I don't get the whole mobius devices NOT being able to be controlled from the Apex. Annoying as hell.

Detri50

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great article!

I did do a lot of research before making a purchase. About 1.5 weeks ago I decided to buy the Hydros x2 kit and the Hydros ATO kit. My tank is only the evo 13.5. This is the reason I ended up with the Hydros. Price point!
20220715_132634.jpg

I fealt 100% that the ATO and temp control is the most important feature a nano keeper should have.

While I don't need all the extras out of the box. I can buy everything as an add on. Including the flagship module the Hydros x4. Outside of that, I have the option to buy the x3, xl and wave engine. All of which give a varying input/output option. Sense ports, drive ports and probe ports. To suit your budget and layout. But, I'm not knocking Apex at all!

After I carefully read the set up instructions. (I originally skimmed through the manual, and ended up wasting 3 hours because of my stupidity and reread the instructions CAREFULLY). It took me 20 mins to setup the x2 module and power4 strip. Then I was able to setup my programming. The ATO I spent a couple hours to play with before I set it up and installed on my system.

A small point about your programing capabilities. I'm very comfortable with writing code. While you don't have to "write code" for Hydros. There is a ton of built in if/do/for/when statement capabilities built into the programs out of the box. With more implemented every software version update.

AGAIN! I'm not knocking Apex. It's a superior controller in a lot of ways. It's mostly price point. And the only other controller I have experience with is Aquatronica.

Thank you
Ron B

fishmasterj

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nanojoe - Great comparison and write up!

As you mentioned - One important aspect of these controllers are the add-on products. The automated testing and dosing of the Neptune Trident and DOS were game changers for me.
Do they still have supply issues with the dosing solutions for Trident?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Redemptioner

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They label ISO rating but do not have it, don't be fooled by CV marketing once you open the case it is obvious the design choices are very lacking and demonstrate a lot of poor engineering knowledge. Come on, who in their right mind tins mains power supply cables and then uses them in screw down terminals, or does not conformal coat their circuits in aquarium products.....

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Bulk Reef Supply
Back