Need some advice on RODI setup

RickvDam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I used to buy RODI water from the store, but after they moved, I decided to invest in my own RODI system. It’s a basic 3-stage setup that produces about 75 GPD. However, I’m having trouble getting the TDS down to 0—it’s consistently around 5-8.

Additionally, I’m dealing with a lot of wastewater, roughly a 6:1 ratio. I’m considering upgrading my setup with a PSI meter, booster pump, and inline TDS meter, but I’m a bit confused about the details.

For a 75 GPD system with a maximum pressure of 125 PSI, would this booster pump be a good choice? Also, could you explain what the pressure switches do? I’ve noticed some booster pumps don’t come with them and are significantly cheaper. Any advice would be appreciated!

Amazon product

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Link doesn't work. With a 3 stage I'm guessing you don't have a DI resin filter though? This could be your problem.

Solo McReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recommend the AquaTec 8800 series booster pumps

And like Jekyl wrote, make sure you have a DI cartridge, fresh resin, and that it is pointing the right way, arrow up

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not clear how you have a 3-stage RODI system; it sounds more like an RO system. One stage would be your RO Membrane. Can you advise what your other two stages are? It would also help to understand your TDS number from the water supply and your water pressure coming from the water source.

A 6:1 ratio is quite high. I try to tune mine as close to a 1:1 ratio as possible.

OP
OP
R

RickvDam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Link doesn't work. With a 3 stage I'm guessing you don't have a DI resin filter though? This could be your problem.
Weird. Maybe because it’s a Dutch link. I have a setup like this https://www.osmoseapparaat.nl/osmop...nzhlHR2pA7-8edVT1XjJQYChgl69lBOoaAo8NEALw_wcB

Recommend the AquaTec 8800 series booster pumps

And like Jekyl wrote, make sure you have a DI cartridge, fresh resin, and that it is pointing the right way, arrow up
My tapwater goes from 250 to 7 so it’s working, just not perfectly I guess…

I am not clear how you have a 3-stage RODI system; it sounds more like an RO system. One stage would be your RO Membrane. Can you advise what your other two stages are? It would also help to understand your TDS number from the water supply and your water pressure coming from the water source.

A 6:1 ratio is quite high. I try to tune mine as close to a 1:1 ratio as possible.
It has a sediment filter, carbon and RO. I just realized I ordered the one without the DI. Well haha guess I’ll add that first.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back