Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have multiple tanks but the tank this shark is going in and my current sharks is a 4x 2x 2x so if it were a full size it would be around 240 gallons but is technically a 120 and before you say "oh a shark should never be in a 120 gallon" it is more of a 240 than a 120 as they are reef sharks they don't really go too high up and they walk more than swim
I agree with that, i scuba dive frequently and have seen a lot of reef sharks. I have never seen a cat/bamboo/nurse shark swimming more than a few feet above the bottom. Most of the time they are laying down in caves or lounging around the rocks. As long as the tank has a large footprint, sand, and plenty of rock work/caves I see no issue keeping a reef shark in it. Provided that the keeper can provide a stable environment and quality food supply

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Sean's ExoticTropics

Sean's ExoticTropics

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with that, i scuba dive frequently and have seen a lot of reef sharks. I have never seen a cat/bamboo/nurse shark swimming more than a few feet above the bottom. Most of the time they are laying down in caves or lounging around the rocks. As long as the tank has a large footprint, sand, and plenty of rock work/caves I see no issue keeping a reef shark in it. Provided that the keeper can provide a stable environment and quality food supply
yep they have a feeding schedule every tuesday and friday at 10

World Wide Corals
World Wide Corals

footgal

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the speckled gets clam, and the coral cat gets silverside so stuff that fits their environments more
Then yeah, I see no problem with you keeping sharks in a tank like that. Hope the new guy comes out happy and healthy!

OP
OP
Sean's ExoticTropics

Sean's ExoticTropics

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following ,just dying to find out now :rolleyes: :cool:guessing bamboo ,or leopard;)
im very hoping a leopard, im going to be enrolling in ucsd in the next couple years and if i could donate a zebra/leopard i would feel very good about giving it a home that i could work with it and learn more about the species

Top Shelf Aquatics

Anubisxii

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not at all judging more so curious, we're sitting here wondering what kind of evil villain from a James Bond movie has sharks in a tank at home and how big would that theoretical tank be. I honestly feel like if all of us give our animals a good home and succeed it's happy for everyone.

OP
OP
Sean's ExoticTropics

Sean's ExoticTropics

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not at all judging more so curious, we're sitting here wondering what kind of evil villain from a James Bond movie has sharks in a tank at home and how big would that theoretical tank be. I honestly feel like if all of us give our animals a good home and succeed it's happy for everyone.
yeah the message that I sent came out pretty passive aggressive I didn't mean to phrase it like that, and yes giving our animals a successful home and good care is all about keeping them :)

fishguy242

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
not a problem ;)
WP_20200228_16_37_23_Pro.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
CLICK TO VIEW
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AAF
Back