Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to say it but my stuff looked killer before i changed my bulbs and started doing water changes! Lol. :nerd:

Give your corals some time to acclimate to the new bulbs. that might be one of the main issues right there! I had a lot of corals get mad when I changed from a 4 bulb to a 6 bulb combo. It tokk months before they got happy again. And like I said before, do small WC's,(5 gallons) less chance for temp swings, and parameter swings.

AS
Top Shelf Aquatics

reeferdale

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rarely do I recommend additives for a tank, but for cyano, nothing beats using erythromycin. In both FW and SW, my experience is that after 1 course of treatment, it has never returned. Some argue the use of antibiotics is bad it will come back if the underlying cause is not addressed. In the case of cyano, I have never seen that to be true.

I know this is kinda late to post but I would NOT recommend using erythromycin. I have done it before and had success, but it will kill both good and bad bacteria. I agree that using a chemical additive will not rid you of the cause of the problem, but htere are times you need to look at the potential damage that is being casued. If the cyano is so bad that it is hurting your animals, gt some Boyd's chemi clean. It will clear it all up in 48 hours and it will not hurt your good bacteria. I have used it 2x in the past 12 yeasr or so. Once I got rid of the cyano, I adjusted feedings and kept up on water changes, added some more flow and did not have a recurrance.

As for your colors, a lot of advice has been offered, just need to keep working at it and be patient, could be a month or more from the tme you dose something till you see results. Also, lights make a huge difference, changing the type of bulb you use could be all you need to make your corals pop!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here on the color.
Lps is doing awesome, but 50% of my SPS is browned out.
Cause I think to me is moved everything 2 months ago from a standard 120 gallon to a state of the art custom 202 gallon.
Lights upgrade from AI to radions.
Lots of flow from 4 mp40's.
All para numbers are within the limits as of my old 120 nothing different.
Started to fuel 100% with ZEOvit.
I think it just need time and if corals fail on you so be it.
Don't ad any livestock to the tank till you see lots of improvement and I mean lots of it.
I know it's hard but there are many reefers on here that went to a lot worse...........total tank crash.
Just stay on top of it, stick with a system/plan and just wait it out.
Good luck to both of us.

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
islander84

islander84

Island Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.... checked my PO4 last night. First reading. 0.24. Second reading 0.21. ---Hanna

I have a couple acros that look amazing with color, PE, and growth.

I have a couple acros that havent changed a bit,

All the stn, receding seems to have stopped.......couple weeks ago my scoly receded but hasnt done anything since then....

My meteor shower that was on a down hill slide has recovered strong!

RazorRamon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your nitrates are low bring them up to 5. Some ppl even keep them around 15 with amazing color. However stability is the most important thing for acros. Specifically alk

Cool tangs

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see 2 things already...

You said you changed to red sea pro, this dtuff is garbage the blue is better. Too high levels in my opinion. So keep that in minds

You took your gfo offline, another change there as well

For cyano you could start feeding some more food since your reading 0 p but make surr you check nitrates as well

Hope this helps, this is where id start anyway and goodluck

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back