Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was a blue spotted jawfish named Goob RIP little buddy…

my roommate left my tank lid open when feeding him when I was out of town.. he jumped to his death and wasn’t discovered until I got home from my trip. Worst surprise ever.
360DF9C5-0751-4474-8EA6-9B49107FD9AC.jpeg

he was such a sweet guy. Always came up to the glass to see me. Didn’t bother my other critters. Just wanted to enjoy his nice hole under his favorite rock

CLICK TO VIEW

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copperband butterfly... likes to shake it's head to beg for food and follow you around. The only fish that never flinches when kids slap the glass.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Gabtron92

Gabtron92

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copperband butterfly... likes to shake its head to beg for food and follow you around. The only fish that never flinches when kids slap the glass.
Sounds adorable ☺️ they really do have personalities

Top Shelf Aquatics

Cthulukelele

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was a valentini puffers. Would come right up and let me pet them. Fed shrimp from my hand. Would spit water at me for food, but they generally seemed to know who I was and it was so far the only fish I've ever kept that seemed to show any amount of affection or true bonding (though my cherub angel is starting to a bit). They were also missing a top fin having been definned by another fish. So much charm
20200114_180335.jpg

OP
OP
Gabtron92

Gabtron92

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was a valentini puffers. Would come right up and let me pet them. Fed shrimp from my hand. Would spit water at me for food, but they generally seemed to know who I was and it was so far the only fish I've ever kept that seemed to show any amount of affection or true bonding (though my cherub angel is starting to a bit). They were also missing a top fin having been definned by another fish. So much charmView attachment 3001368
Aw I love hand feeding fish! My clown will try to bite my finger off though

AquaCave Logo Banner

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I love friendly fish! The ones that will eat out of your hand and let you pet them are the best!

OP
OP
Gabtron92

Gabtron92

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs specially selfin tang. They follow u whenever u pass from near the tank. No matter if they r hungry or not.
I can’t wait to get a bigger tank so I can have a tang!

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most friendly fish was this guy. He would bob his head up and down out of the water when he would see me. He'd swim in and out of my hand while I was doing maintenance and eat from my fingers. I miss my little buddy.

03162022.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was a blue spotted jawfish named Goob RIP little buddy…

my roommate left my tank lid open when feeding him when I was out of town.. he jumped to his death and wasn’t discovered until I got home from my trip. Worst surprise ever. View attachment 3001358
he was such a sweet guy. Always came up to the glass to see me. Didn’t bother my other critters. Just wanted to enjoy his nice hole under his favorite rock
Sorry about the loss of your fish!!

Cthulukelele

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most friendly fish was this guy. He would bob his head up and down out of the water when he would see me. He'd swim in and out of my hand while I was doing maintenance and eat from my fingers. I miss my little buddy.

View attachment 3001381
It's cruel that fairys and flashers only have such short time with us given how wonderful they are.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

CowTusks

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female snowflake extreme clownfish always comes up to my and says hi. Her male partner is always jumpy but will usually follow along. My sixline wrasse also doesn't bother anyone in the tank and truly feels like its exploring and just chugging along. Interesting enough the only time I see either of these fish squabble is with each other over the Cespitularia the clowns host.

Tired

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a warmouth sunfish (freshwater fish, one of the ones people mislabel as perch sometimes) that would come wiggle around at the glass in hopes of food. Much more friendly than the longear sunfish I kept with it, and would only stare suspiciously at strangers instead of hiding.
Cool thing about sunfish; they recognize human faces. Mine would approach the glass to look for food if it was me, and would hide from either a stranger or from me in a mask.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion
Back