Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a lot about plumbing conversion talk between metric and standard on here or goggle, but I cannot simply find a threaded metric union converter to standard slip.

the pump only gave me barbed fittings but I am wanting to come directly off my pump with hard pipe, and I don’t want to bridge with flexible pipe. I see pic after pic of people’s setups with hard pipe using a union immediately off the pumps threaded in/outlets.

there are plenty of slip to slip converters and have found threaded on the standard side, but I can’t find threaded on the metric side!!!

The only option I have found that I think is what I’m after is the reef octopus replacement nozzle sets from coralvue (currently out of stock).

Top Shelf Aquatics

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do make them - they're just not easy to find. Most of the aquarium plumbing is in metric - and of course, you need Imperial in the US. It gets even more interesting in Canada where we are metric - but all of our plumbing is in Imperial because of our close proximity to the US.

The flexible tubing is great from a maintenance standpoint, but it sounds like the Reef Octopus part is probably what you need.

OP
OP
O

OSUTeege

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks!

adaptive reef where you at...you already have slip x slip converters...offer threaded as well!

anyways, I think this works just as good. maybe it converts to standard, at least how I am interpreting the chart. I can put a standard union after the adapter for flexibility/maintenance.

Nutramar Foods
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Kinetics
Back