May we please discuss seam breaks in 2-3 yr tanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good to see public feedback

This site is so cool, no link is taboo when relevant

reefcentral.com detests reef2reef and allows no linking here for any reason, yet I just linked to them lol = so cool here. We have nothing to worry about, so nobody minds out linking

It's not like another site is going to have faster, better or more relevant information than us- we don't lose readers we gain them.

Reefing102

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good to see public feedback

This site is so cool, no link is taboo when relevant

reefcentral.com detests reef2reef and allows no linking here for any reason, yet I just linked to them lol = so cool here. We have nothing to worry about, so nobody minds out linking

It's not like another site is going to have faster, better or more relevant information than us- we don't lose readers we gain them.
Not trying to derail the thread or argue but RC has changed that rule. You can link to R2R on RC now, I know I’ve done it a couple times and I’ve seen mods tell others it’s fine recently. Anyway, back to the original point of RedSea failures

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m honestly glad to know that.

seriously I humbly apologize to reefcentral for the mischaracterization. That’s bridging gaps, that’s moving on, that’s progressivism. That’s good for reefing.

if I hadn’t been captioned saying that I’d edit my post lol but that’s really good to know. My post against them doesn’t give them credit for making that stark change. I don’t blame them for not letting me back in now :)

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how comments might differ if we compared red sea controlled youtube vs buyer comments controlled youtube videos

BRS seems fair to me on comments, they never erase mine and I was being pretty challenging on them selling bundles of mb7 with their bricks/ marketing play on the bacteria trends in the hobby

Anything marked bacteria sells, even if not beneficial

(Mb7 aren't selected bacteria for reef tanks, they're temporary strains, what selects for bio bricks comes free from the current system. Do reef tanks need or benefit from bio bricks stacked in a sump, with no water pressure behind them? Water flows around, not through them. Do we scatter activated carbon on the floor of a sump, or do we channel water through it in a filter: dual sneaky sales)

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how comments might differ if we compared red sea controlled youtube vs buyer comments controlled youtube videos

BRS seems fair to me on comments, they never erase mine and I was being pretty challenging on them selling bundles of mb7 with their bricks/ marketing play on the bacteria trends in the hobby

Anything marked bacteria sells, even if not beneficial

(Mb7 aren't selected bacteria for reef tanks, they're temporary strains, what selects for bio bricks comes free from the current system. Do reef tanks need or benefit from bio bricks stacked in a sump, with no water pressure behind them? Water flows around, not through them. Do we scatter activated carbon on the floor of a sump, or do we channel water through it in a filter: dual sneaky sales)

Let’s stick to Red Sea huh? Your crusade against bottle bacteria is another thread :) MB7 works great to keep nutrients in check for many, many reefers.

I am also noticing an uptick in people asking about Red Sea as their first tanks, seems odd all this happening.

Spare time

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think one thing to make sure of is to not fall to the fallacy of more easily accessible data/info = greater true frequency of events. Meaning just because you hear of red sea tanks with issues, doesn't mean its exclusive to or even unique to red sea. No one is reporting the true number of broken and unbroken tanks across brands, so take this thread with a grain of salt.

Cell

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I consider R2R to be a decent representation/snapshot of the reefing community as a whole. Unless there is some correlation with R2R users having significantly higher RS ownership than the general public, I think we can reasonably infer that RS tanks are failing at an abnormal rate based on the frequency of incidents reported here.

Spare time

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I consider R2R to be a decent representation/snapshot of the reefing community as a whole. Unless there is some correlation with R2R users having significantly higher RS ownership than the general public, I think we can reasonably infer that RS tanks are failing at an abnormal rate based on the frequency of incidents reported here.

But you can't infer that. There isn't any way to say whether reef2reef represents an average. And, no one makes posts saying "my tank seams didn't fail." Red sea is a very popular brand, and thus it can simply be an issue of the logical fallacy I mentioned above.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s stick to Red Sea huh? Your crusade against bottle bacteria is another thread :) MB7 works great to keep nutrients in check for many, many reefers.

I am also noticing an uptick in people asking about Red Sea as their first tanks, seems odd all this happening.
Because everyone is dumping Red Sea tanks for cheap before the disaster happens… newbs see a $7,000 tank for sale for Pennie’s on the dollar and think they hit the gold mine!

Cell

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm completely out on the idea that RS sells so much more inventory than every other aquarium company that these seam failures are actually insignificant and within the realm of acceptable failure rates.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not find ten water box seam breaks total, since forum inception here, if I searched for two months straight. I can find ten red sea seam issues in the last two weeks alone, much less on site's history.

EliMelly

Review score
+0 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not find ten water box seam breaks total, since forum inception here, if I searched for two months straight. I can find ten red sea seam issues in the last two weeks alone, much less on site's history.
Brandon Red Sea is hiring. I suggested you!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

ACC
Back