Maroon clown brooklynella or injury?

rubensito1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all,

Have a maroon clown, brought it home Wednesday, and has been acting unusual since at least Thursday evening, hovering near one of the top corners.

The only other fish in the tank is a small snowflake eel.

Its been difficult to take a picture, but there is excess slime near base of the tail, and some wound/lesion in that same area and bottom of body near the anal fin, which has a split.

IMG_7068.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend just following the quarantine procedure to be safe. Could be brook buy I think I see ich also.

OP
OP
R

rubensito1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a better picture of the tail area where the skin has the issues. Other picture was out of focus and I think I got some waterstains on the glass

Attachments

• IMG_7069.jpeg
    IMG_7069.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 28

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a better picture of the tail area where the skin has the issues. Other picture was out of focus and I think I got some waterstains on the glass

Are there other fish in with this one?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a small snowflake eel.
Is the clown still eating?

Brooklynella is usually covers more of the fish, not so much a localized area like this, that’s why I was going for a possible fish bite. Hovering near the surface could be the clown trying to stay away from the eel.

OP
OP
R

rubensito1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole thing seems weird to me because the head and gill areas don’t have the typical brooklynella symptoms. I havent noticed any interactions with the eel, which is pretty small, but I will keep an eye on it

OP
OP
R

rubensito1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the clown still eating?

Brooklynella is usually covers more of the fish, not so much a localized area like this, that’s why I was going for a possible fish bite. Hovering near the surface could be the clown trying to stay away from the eel.
Thanks for the insight. It was not brook, looked like some sort of injury as the fish improved as the days passed.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back