Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I trained mine to eat frozen, but my tank is full of pods and in addition I do feed them live baby brine shrimp using Paul B's feeder. It took mine less than 5 minutes to find the feeder and start eating them. Maybe try these,
raising live baby brine shrimp is super simple.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I trained mine to eat frozen, but my tank is full of pods and in addition I do feed them live baby brine shrimp using Paul B's feeder. It took mine less than 5 minutes to find the feeder and start eating them. Maybe try these,
raising live baby brine shrimp is super simple.
I tried that feeder with mine and it was scared of it unfortunately, I also tried live white worms in a jar, showed no interest

Whitey26

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who feed theirs frozen mysis with success, how do you do it? Just spot feeding with the pumps off? My spotted mandarin LOVES mysis but I can’t figure out a way to get it to him other than spot feeding. He’ll go after extras floating around when I feed the others but I’m sure that isn’t enough and I feel like I’d have to severely over feed the tank for that to work anyway. Would love to see a diner concept but for mysis. I know you can with pellets but not sure he’ll eat them and already loves mysis so would prefer to run with that.

I began culturing pods and I see him picking throughout the day but he’s not plump and I want to capitalize on the mysis success.

OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who feed theirs frozen mysis with success, how do you do it? Just spot feeding with the pumps off? My spotted mandarin LOVES mysis but I can’t figure out a way to get it to him other than spot feeding. He’ll go after extras floating around when I feed the others but I’m sure that isn’t enough and I feel like I’d have to severely over feed the tank for that to work anyway. Would love to see a diner concept but for mysis. I know you can with pellets but not sure he’ll eat them and already loves mysis so would prefer to run with that.

I began culturing pods and I see him picking throughout the day but he’s not plump and I want to capitalize on the mysis success.
I talked to someone who had theirs eating mysis but it stopped.
He said he got it when it was already eating it however it stopped once there was competition for food.
I tried spot feeding mine however they got scared.
Hopefully someone else can help you :)

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back