Making a double sided tank not see through.

BRS

randomfishdude

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have somewhat of a odd question.
I am thinking about puting in a built in tank. One of my ideas is to put it between my game rooms and a bedroom. So you can see in the tank from the game rooms and the bedroom.
But I want to see if it's possable to make so can't see into the bedroom through the tank. I was thinking about a big rock wall in the center but that wouldn't really work.
So I was thinking if there's some sort of glass or something I can put on the glass to not see into the bedroom. Maybe something reflective?
I don't know just want to see if anyone has any ideas.

Keko21

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was thinking about this the other day! I started designing a fish tank room for the back of a built in, but didnt want people on the other side seeing in. My thoughts were putting a privacy screen on the back side:

1682018438550.png

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was thinking about this the other day! I started designing a fish tank room for the back of a built in, but didnt want people on the other side seeing in. My thoughts were putting a privacy screen on the back side:

View attachment 3117887

View attachment 3117887
Not shure why I've never thought of that but that is definately a really good idea.

rhitee93

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a number of buildings with graphics on ground floor windows. From the outside, these graphics are opaque so people on the sidewalk can't see in. However, from the inside they look nearly transparent.

Unfortunately, I don't know what they are called.

Nutramar Foods

BeanAnimal

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have somewhat of a odd question.
I am thinking about puting in a built in tank. One of my ideas is to put it between my game rooms and a bedroom. So you can see in the tank from the game rooms and the bedroom.
But I want to see if it's possable to make so can't see into the bedroom through the tank. I was thinking about a big rock wall in the center but that wouldn't really work.
So I was thinking if there's some sort of glass or something I can put on the glass to not see into the bedroom. Maybe something reflective?
I don't know just want to see if anyone has any ideas.
Those one way films will be mirror finish - the fish will not do well with that.

You could put polarizing film on the outside of both sides with the film running at 90 degree angles (front and back at 90 to each other). There are almost clear films. You could see in from either side, but not through the tank.

Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Keko21

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

you could try something like this. We have these on our street facing windows. Makes it look like its almost a 1 way window. It will make your glass tinted though...
Thats the link i tried to post and failed lol

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back