Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says I am lucky enough to have one tank as it is (I have a 60 gal cube with a 18 gal sump).

I will be getting some new fish in my tank here soon. I would really love to have a QT tank but a QT tank to my wife is just another tank. So with the circumstances I am in QT is not an option.

What is the best way for me to make sure I am not going to be putting any sick fish in my DT? All my fish come from SeaDwelling Creatures. I know they take good precautions on their fish but I want to make sure I am safe.

I plan on doing FW dips on all my new fish but is there any other suggestions?

CLICK TO VIEW
Top Shelf Aquatics

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First step would be explain to your wife why you need to quarantine. After you explain why she will probably be more open to it. Additionally find some ways to disguise them somewhere or keep them somewhere out of sight if it's really an issue.

Valkyrie

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be all about how it's explained. Make sure that certain things are understood, such as:
quarantine tanks aren't forever
they actually save money because you're not constantly replacing livestock
that it would be like sending a child into a room filled with measles and then acting surprised when the child catches the measles
it's cruel to not do whatever you're capable of doing to prevent the pain and suffering of another living thing

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ All great advice above, especially how quarantine tanks aren't forever. Once no longer needed, a QT and all equipment can be stowed away in a garage. Out of sight, out of mind. ;)

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquarium Specialty
Back