atnayab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am quarantining my fishes, first did 14 days of cuppramine for any ich or velvet, but there was no sign of it. But at the of this cycle I noticed flukes on all fishes, did fw dip and it was confirmed.
I have read that prazi pro is best medi but in India it is not available. I only have option 1) paraguard which I am using for 3 days now, but heard its not that effective.
2) Fritz Prazicleanse, but can someone suggest if this product works?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am quarantining my fishes, first did 14 days of cuppramine for any ich or velvet, but there was no sign of it. But at the of this cycle I noticed flukes on all fishes, did fw dip and it was confirmed.
I have read that prazi pro is best medi but in India it is not available. I only have option 1) paraguard which I am using for 3 days now, but heard its not that effective.
2) Fritz Prazicleanse, but can someone suggest if this product works?
Paracleanse is the same as general cure and that works against flukes. You need to change up the dosing though - dose it twice, 8 days apart. I also would not dose it in a tank with invertebrates because it also contains metronidazole.
Skip the Paraguard.
Another good option if it is a fish only tank is hyposalinity.

OP
OP
A

atnayab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paracleanse is the same as general cure and that works against flukes. You need to change up the dosing though - dose it twice, 8 days apart. I also would not dose it in a tank with invertebrates because it also contains metronidazole.
Skip the Paraguard.
Another good option if it is a fish only tank is hyposalinity.
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
I am asking about a different med which is Prazicleanse, I think it only contains Praziquantel.
Also, how would I know if the parasite is completely dead?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
I am asking about a different med which is Prazicleanse, I think it only contains Praziquantel.
Also, how would I know if the parasite is completely dead?

Sorry - I don’t know about prazi cleanse.

You won’t really know if you killed 100% of the flukes. That’s what makes praziquantel tricky to use. Multiple treatments are needed to break their life cycle. Another issue is that when prazi is dosed, bacteria grow that consume it as food. With each dose, they eat it faster. Eventually, prazi just stops working.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back