*** LRO Spring Sale! $1, $5, and $10 Coral! PRIZES! GAMES! GIVEAWAYS!***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At LRO sales, everyone gets lucky.

Yes we all do. And they are a great deal of fun as well
You guys are the BEST!!!
Happy I Love You GIF by Life of a Potato

waterboys

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GIVEAWAY TIME!!!

Tell me why you love this hobby.

Winner gets a freebie orange ricordea. Enteries end at 6pm est
I like it because it’s like living, moving art. And having a piece of the ocean in your house is amazing (especially when you live no where near an ocean).

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
GIVEAWAY TIME!!!

Not trying to win:

I love this hobby for the movement, color, and community! It's great getting to talk shop and hang out with people of similar interests AND we get rewarded with beautiful tanks! It's definitely got ups and downs, challenges, victories, and failures, but it's a journey along the way! But corals and fish. Plus community. That's why I love this hobby.

tori1313

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GIVEAWAY TIME!!!

Love watching the constant motion of the tank. Corals opening and closing throughout the day, fish swimming, or hunting. Really cool and relaxing to watch.

BlackFlagAquatics

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GIVEAWAY TIME!!!

Personally, I love the community. We have all been in a tough position and someone we know from the hobby helps us out. I’ve had people I don’t even know offer an old heater or power head till I was able to get a new one. The hobby is always changing but the community with it steams to stay overwhelming positive.

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GIVEAWAY TIME!!!

i love watching all the new coral i buy, than it dies any where from week to 3 months later. I dont need to win this either cuase it will not make it, hahahah

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ricordias are easy keepers. Have you ever had one?
yea, it didnt make it, lol, zoa's and gps and rock flowers are good for me. I found out my water has cholrimaines and my ro only does chlorine. So i got new filters coming tommorrow, and will change out and do big water change and see if that helps. My Monty i bought 3 sales ago, just shrank up also. I have a love hate with my tank, but i do enjoy watching the fish swim around and the clowns palying in the bubble tip.

ChrisGuyette

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although there are many ups and downs with this hobby, it has a great community, and plenty of people willing to help one another in times of need. I know that the few times I have had downs and rough times with the hobby, @Living Reef Orlando , Ann and staff, as well as many others in this wonderful community have reached out, offered help and support. But this community is not just great because of the support with the hobby but the support with other matter of life as well. And even though the down times may seem hard or difficult, once we figure things out, and get everything in order and where it needs to be, the rewards are amazing. I often times used to fond myself coming home from work and sitting in a chair infront of my 5 tanks, and just being mesmerized by the pure beauty and awesomeness of a world I would otherwise never get to see, as is the case for many of us. I love this hobby because of its great communities, people, organizations like LRO, and the rewards that I get from being a part of it all. Thank you all for the continued support of one another and this great hobby, and a very special thank you to Ann and the entire staff down at LRO. Without you all none of this would be possible.

ChrisGuyette

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say it is fun time going to the store and looking at the farm and all the torches. I wish i could have one of each and they are always so great to me there.
I wish I lived closer. I would be there every day. I would love to see the farm and be able to see all of the amazing corals they have there

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Loving all these answers!!! Keep them coming guys!!

As a hobbiest myself I love seeing all the colors of the coral and the movement they create. Seeing life inside a glass box is just magical. I also love how there are no mistakes in nature, a zoa will alwyas have alternating skirts that go up and down, and Goni will always have 24 tips on its tentacles. The community here is also why I love this hobby, the help and support you guys give is amazing! We definitely wouldn’t be here without you guys! So thank you!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Frag Farm
Back