****LRO Christmas In July Sunday Flash Sale!!! Heavy Discounts!!! Giveaways!! $1, $5 and $10 Corals!!!!****

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got 2 sw tanks totaling 55 gallons. 2 buckets is a healthy water change.

The fw is another beast. Syphon out the door for 2 tanks then refill from the hose running yard to living room.
Freshwater sounds so much easier but I always had more trouble with the freshwater tanks than I ever had with my saltwater. Ive been really wanting to set up a discus tank in my house but my track record has not been that great lol

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freshwater sounds so much easier but I always had more trouble with the freshwater tanks than I ever had with my saltwater. Ive been really wanting to set up a discus tank in my house but my track record has not been that great lol
Discus are hard because they need really soft water and are sensitive to changes in water parameters, so it almost have to do constant tiny water changes to keep the water as clean as they need without any sudden changes

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mrs wants discus too. Next freshwater upgrade will probably be to that. All my fw at planted and the biggest issue I've had was some wicked black beard algae when I started running CO2.

Saltwater has been a fight, but that is what keeps me from getting bored and moving on.

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost tried Discuss too, but never did. When my FW is done, that tank is coming down.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Discus are hard because they need really soft water and are sensitive to changes in water parameters, so it almost have to do constant tiny water changes to keep the water as clean as they need without any sudden changes
There's a huge discus breeder locally who I think uses treated tap water. I think that helps his costumers greatly. Also, we're already building water for our reefs, we might as well build it for our fw fish too...and the beer we brew...

kpoj9

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Begin Season 2 GIF by Paramount+

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

irishatlu07

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am new here and trying to understand how this works. I see no prices and no option to bid or buy anything. Did they run out?
Haven't started yet. Click on picture/link of what you like and hopefully quick enough to get it.

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I am new here and trying to understand how this works. I see no prices and no option to bid or buy anything. Did they run out?
SOme corals just dropped and you can see the link to buy right under the corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Battlecorals
Back