Looking for a Shallow 6ft Tank

Thalasstronaut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically all in the title. My current setup is a 90 gallon and I find myself dreading reaching into my tank because of how tall it is. I’m a tall guy and I still get my shoulder length gloves flooded reaching to the bottom.

This tank was essentially a compromise off of wanting a 6ft tank but only having enough space for a 4fter. Well the tank isn’t where it was originally supposed to be anyway , and I have space for a 6fter now, so I’m window shopping.

I guess ideally I’d have a 6ft by 2ft by somewhere between 16-21 inches. Is there such a tank, or am I stuck going a custom route? Could maybe sacrifice the 24inch width, but I’m pretty said on the 6x2 dynamic.

Any directions I could be pointed in? Thanks in advance.

SnazzyUrchin792

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me introduce you to the wonderful world of lowboy/frag tanks! They are tanks that are very shallow (usually 12-18 inches) and are specifically designed to hold coral frags for propagation/sale/qt, but some people do use them as DTs. Though I have yet to see one of that length.

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine makes the SR Pro2 that is 70.9” long x 23.62” wide x 16.14” depth. Quality tanks too!

OP
OP
Thalasstronaut

Thalasstronaut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me introduce you to the wonderful world of lowboy/frag tanks! They are tanks that are very shallow (usually 12-18 inches) and are specifically designed to hold coral frags for propagation/sale/qt, but some people do use them as DTs. Though I have yet to see one of that length.
That’s what I was hoping for, a 6ft frag tank, haha. Can’t seem to find one bigger than 80gallon, at 48x24

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass Cages has a 127 gallon with 72x24x17 high listed dimensions for about 1250$. You have to figure out shipping or work with a fish store that uses them.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back