Live Rock Cycle with Dr. Tim’s one and only

AlexVic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m starting a new 40 gallon tank and I’m wondering if I can use live rock as a source of ammonia so I can add Dr Tim’s one and only nitrifying bacteria. If I can should I add the bacteria immediately?

OP
OP
A

AlexVic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The live rock is the source of bacteria and if the rock is good and healthy then you don’t need anything else, the rock is “cycled” by definition.
The live rock is from caribsea, is that good? And if it is I don’t need to use Dr Tims nitrifying bacteria?
Also thanks for the reply!

Upvote 0

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The live rock is from caribsea, is that good? And if it is I don’t need to use Dr Tims nitrifying bacteria?
Do you mean life rock? It is not live rock

Upvote 0

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the same thing life is not equal to live. Use the Dr Tim's and ammonia. Good luck

Upvote 0

besskurz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's simplify
if your rock came straight from the deeps of the ocean, shipped express, possibly via air, with a lot of critters, algaes, sponges and really looks like something "not human made", then you are in a better position. This rock is like a big stomach, that will eat all "bad" nutrients like amnonia.
A common supplier of such rocks is https://tbsaltwater.com/. It's not something you find at petco.

If your rock is not like that, then cycle your tank with any of the multiple methods available.

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back