Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just getting back into the hobby after about 20 years now that my last child is leaving for the Coast Guard. My last tank was a 180 gallon 72x24x30 SPS/LPS with 3 250w HQI's and full actinic lighting as well. The new tank I am looking at is a 269 gallon 72length x 36 wide x 24 high. This seems to be what I am looking for as the 30 inch depth I had before was beautiful, but was difficult to work in. This will be mainly and sps tank with zoos in lower light areas. What LED light or combo of lights do you think are viable options?

BRS
Nutramar Foods

jda

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had to light this with just LED, I would use 4x of the 32/36 inch Photon V2s. Should come in under budget. Best tanks that I have seen that are all-LED are lit by Photons - fine Tim Hermans threads or therman.

You might get a lot of suggestions, but many will lack the nuance needed to light 36" wide. Folks often thin that what they use will scale, but it does not always.

Full disclosure: I still use HQI for main lighting. ...just offering since you have nothing else yet.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tunze
Back