• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ktar's Dynamite Chalice Frag Pack Grow Out

Top Shelf Aquatics

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

Just an update on everything. So as I can tell everything seems to have become stable. I believe I have stop the recession on the coral but it is very hard to tell 100%. Tomorrow will be a slower day at work so I will get all the pictures taken and posted.

Sorry just been busy with work, family and tryiing to take care of 3 tanks, feed corals and trying to get a new 180 display tank built.

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update. I believe the coral resession has stopped. I think it is just going to take a little time for everything to recover. I am planning to get a emeral crab and a couple of snails for the tank to help with the aglea now that everything seem to be more stable. I can see the corals are starting to look puffy again. So I think things are doing better.

Dynamite
IMG_0598a.jpg

Bahama Mama
IMG_0600a.jpg

Tyree Volcano
IMG_0604a.jpg

Kratos
IMG_0606a.jpg

Doomsday
IMG_0621a.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah it is amazing you can hardly see it with your eyes but when the camera takes a pic you can really see it. I cleaned every plug and thought i had it all gone. I am going to get 1 emeral crab and let him try to clean the plugs up. I wanted to wait to see if I could pull the corals out of their issues. They seem to be doing better and watching them close. Trust me it has been very stressful to slowly see them recess and not sure why.

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gallons of water change ever 5 days (Tropic Marin) I woke up this morning to see a number of the corals receeding again. I talk to my friend Rayzback and I have moved the worst ones to this tank to see if it makes any differences. I am at a lost of why they are just not doing any better in a perfect tank. I am open to suggestions what to do next. I am completely stressed out over this and have been fighting with everything I know what to do.

Dynamite (bad shape Rayzback tank)
Orenji (bad shape Rayzback tank)
Bahama Mama (bad shape Rayzback tank)
Doomsday ( holding my tank)
Tyree Volcano (bad shape Rayzback tank)
Kratos (holding my tank)
Oc Sunset (OK my tank)

Inferno (OK Rayzback tank)

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah it is not what I was expecting either. Yes the snails and the emeral crab did a great job of cleaning up the disk. It is very frustrating because the tank has perfect water conditions. That is what I am having a problem with.

Rayzback

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got them at 4pm today, and will unfortunately stress to you all that the majority of these are in VERY bad shape. I'll usually offer to help out fellow reefers when possible, and will do what I can to recover these. Feel free to pm me.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Jakef150

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all..

I PMED Rayzback week ago...here what he said

There was very little flesh on some when they arrived. It's day three in my tank and no one has receded any further. It's a small positive, even though I'm not exactly sure how quickly they declined. I think a couple look slightly better then when they arrived, but that may be wishful thinking on my part.

When we first placed them into my tank...my crew went to work cleaning up around them; snails, hermits, yellow tang, wrasse, etc. I think that helps. My plan right now is to continue with my normal routine, keep things stable, leave them alone, and hope for the best.

I'll try to get Jerwin over here this weekend so he can help identify all of them. I'll highly recommend he get some pictures to you guys also."

Later
Jake

Rayzback

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He wasn't able to make it by the house last weekend, so I'm still a little unsure about the identity of some of these. They've been in my tank for like 10 days now. Everything that arrived with flesh still has flesh (small as it may be on some). I'll continue to keep with my normal routine, stable as she goes. Time permitting, I'll try and take some pics after my weekly WC Saturday. I'm not very good at taking pics. I have a canopy, so nicer top down shots are a bit of a hassle.

Here's another PM I sent to those that asked about my tank last week.. mine as well post it here too :}

I apologize for the pm, but I'm not a very public person... even online. Antisocial Programmer by trade. I've been reefing for at least 8 years now, but will never claim to be an expert. I've been involved only in successful grow outs to date, so a little nervous stepping up to help you guys out on this one.

My tank... is a mixed 90g SPS, LPS, and zoas. I'm running 2x Ecotech Radions with 2x Mp40esW. I've run IORC forever (1025) and do 20-30g weekly water changes religiously. I run GFO and GAC in separate TLF reactors, changed monthly. I have an ASM G3 Skimmer. Tank is kept between 77.5-78.5 with a JBJ True Temp heater, and I pull out the chiller in the summer. It's been said my sump is cleaner then most people's tanks (clean freak). I feed my corals once a week before water changes, fish 2-3 times a day (anthias). Eheim return pump. TMI?

I'm not sure how long I'll be involved... but I do take a lot of pride in my tank. That being said, I'm praying i can help turn things around for you guys.

Current chalices.. BPC FlameThrower, My Miami, 3G, and Tyree Red watermelon.

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FnR
Back