• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ktar's Dynamite Chalice Frag Pack Grow Out

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Glad you could get in on the Inferno Ray!

While we wait for Jim here's a pic I snapped of it last weekend.

d5b553684ffefb02414d0680d2c94e20_zps6ad13cbd.jpg

Avast
Top Shelf Aquatics

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rest of the growout.

Looks like we had a couple have a little recession in the skin. I believe I have resolved the issues and think we are ok now. I am going to move a couple corals around.

Doomsday
IMG_0556a.jpg

Oc Sunset
IMG_0567a.jpg

Kratos
IMG_0571a.jpg

Tyree Volcano
IMG_0562a.jpg

Bahama Mama
IMG_0575a.jpg

Last edited:
Corals.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys. I just wanted to give a heads up. I am having to leave town on an emergency. My grandmother just went into the hospital (bad). I have Rayzback going to be watching my tank and Weaponsofmassdesign will be backing him up while I am gone. I am not sure when I will be back so I will have to do a picture update when I get back into town.

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update:
sorry there has not been pictures in Dec. I will take some this weekend and post up.
So for the real update. I am really down right now because I have been fighting in the frag tank with some chalice recession. I do think I have figure it out. I am switching salts but I want to warn you about it first. I ended up switching from instant ocean and reef crystals to Tropic Marin to help fix the issues.
you can read about some of the issues on this form. https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/re...393-will-real-water-reading-please-stand.html
There has been recession in the Dynamite, and Bahmma Mamma. but after doing a water change and keeping a really close eye on the parameters the corals seem to be doing much better. The other 3 seem to be doing well with out any issues. Even with weekly water changes it was not helping the problems.
it seems like this last bucket of salt from Instand Ocean was very high in Cal and Mag and sent those reading through the roof. Sorry about this I am working my hardest and spending lots of money to keep everything going well and to see this happen just got me down. Everything is still alive and I believe we are still ok.
If there is any other turns for the bad I will let you know and we can decide what to do from there.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week
Back