KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Josh Kraft

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWIII - thanks for the info :)

@Josh Kraft - Do you know what your consumption daily calcium and akalinity are?

If you are going down it is a sign that the dosing is not enough. Was your akalinity and calcium stable at the 2ml x 24 a day or did you see drops when you tested?

I thought I was dialed in before, but I upgraded dosers when I added KHD. Do you think my issue is that I'm not dialed in close enough? Can it not adapt that much?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I was dialed in before, but I upgraded dosers when I added KHD. Do you think my issue is that I'm not dialed in close enough? Can it not adapt that much?

It can dose 2x the amount you have your doser set to dose each time it doses. It will now be dosing 4ml per dose until it comes back up to your correct dkh. I would personally change my doser to dose 4ml 24x per day and see how that goes. If that's too much and the kh director is constantly telling the doser to dose less (your dkh is too high), then move the ml per dose back down.

I think you can use the other mode on the kh director to have it adjust more ml per dose, but I would stick with how you have it set up for now and just adjust the actual doser.

Dogtown

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2018-07-10_17-58-16.jpg
@Dogtown - I can help a little on the Tritation takes too long, as I was having the same error message @Vinny@GHLUSA and @Matthias Gross helped me fix the issue.

You need the latest version(Version 1..1.1.6) of GCC and you do not need to upgrade the firmware to use it.

If you connect to your P4 with the latest version of GCC you will see on the KH Screen something new:
View attachment 772594

What you need to do is first re calibrate your PH probe, you will see the ADC1 and ADC2 will adjust this is more just to make sure your PH program is calibrating and that when you see the PH read 4 and 7 in the display when your doing your calibration.

Your next going to do a test, you should see your PH go up in Actual Value, and when your Reagent pump beings to dose the internal chamber the PH will go down. You need to pay attention to this, if it does not go down means that not enough reagent is making into the chamber :).

I just upgraded to v1.1.1.6 like you recommended. Re-calibrated the PH probe to. While the water sample was being drawn into the KHD, the PH-electrode value did rise. The starting number was 1.9 and ended at 5.7. The problem is that the value never dropped from 5.7 while the reagent was being added. You said to watch out for that. Also noticed that the PH probe is being forced outward while the water sample was being drawn in. When flushing the measurement cell, the PH probe is drawn in by a vacuum created inside of the KHD. Even the tubing gets compressed when flushing the measurement cell.

2018-07-10_17-58-16.jpg

Dogtown

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another clue I am seeing... When performing a "Flush measurement cell" test, the waste water tube builds up pressure. That pressure forced the waste water tube to disconnect from dosing pump 3. This seems to be due to the pressure being created by dosing pump 1 drawing in a water sample. I know its something I've done wrong since no one else has this issue.

2018-07-10_18-52-37.jpg

Ditto

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am tagging @Vinny@GHLUSA and @Marco@GHLUSA :)

The PH probe should not be moving at all when the sample is taking place, I assume it is hand tighten, and a little bit more to make sure it does not slide around? I had on one of my units push the PH actually out and thought it was defective and learned it it is snug and a little bit.

If you disconnect the regent tube from KH and manually dose I assume the regent is pumping ok from the dosing pump?

With one of my units I did have an issue like you are having where Vinny had to send me some additional instructions on what to try next. I am not sure if I can say can you look at the pinch valve :)?

dragon99

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another clue I am seeing... When performing a "Flush measurement cell" test, the waste water tube builds up pressure. That pressure forced the waste water tube to disconnect from dosing pump 3. This seems to be due to the pressure being created by dosing pump 1 drawing in a water sample. I know its something I've done wrong since no one else has this issue.

View attachment 786567
Sounds like the vent is plugged. Where do you have that tube run? Is it pinched or under liquid?

Ditto

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pushing off the doser has happen to me, the chamber you have to empty your waste water and the overflow waste water Are the tubes above water? I had an issue where my one waste container filled for the KH and it blew the hoses off.

On one of my KH I also noticed the tubes were not snug on the connectors, others have posted this and like them I zipped tied mine.

41D159A6-AA7E-43DE-B053-2AFDE674E132.jpeg

Dogtown

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am tagging @Vinny@GHLUSA and @Marco@GHLUSA :)

If you disconnect the regent tube from KH and manually dose I assume the regent is pumping ok from the dosing pump?

The reagent is pumping in OK. Reagent gets drawn into the KDH without an issue. Its really odd. Thanks for tagging Vinny and Marco. Let's see what they
Sounds like the vent is plugged. Where do you have that tube run? Is it pinched or under liquid?

By vent, you mean the tube hooked up to the back of the KDH right? It isn't pinched but it is (was) under liquid. I just disconnected it and blew into the tube. It took quite a bit of pressure to get it to start pushing air through it. Like maybe some junk had clogged it up. I will retest now. Thanks!

Ditto

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neither vent tube should be under water this will actually disrupt the function of the unit.

The one off the back or the one off pump 3 that is used to empty the chamber.

Now that we have both of them out of water can you run the test again?

Dogtown

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neither vent tube should be under water this will actually disrupt the function of the unit.

The one off the back or the one off pump 3 that is used to empty the chamber.

Now that we have both of them out of water can you run the test again?

Prior to now, I had both tubes routed to a drainage container. When the container would get to 3/4 full or above, the drain tubes would get submerged. I wasn't aware that it could cause a problem but it makes sense now that I think about it.

My first test failed again but I will try again. When I disconnect the tube in the back, slow drops do exit the KDH from there but the #3 tube quickly fills with pressure and gets disconnected.

Dogtown

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pushing off the doser has happen to me, the chamber you have to empty your waste water and the overflow waste water Are the tubes above water? I had an issue where my one waste container filled for the KH and it blew the hoses off.

On one of my KH I also noticed the tubes were not snug on the connectors, others have posted this and like them I zipped tied mine.

View attachment 786572

I will have to order small zip ties. Thx

reefwiser

LMAS
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to order small zip ties. Thx

I have tried this and even used a zip tie gun and the line came off. Do you have the new tubing that GHL offered in the email?

Ditto

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tube looks like it collapsed also very long between the doser pump and the kh?

@reefwiser brings up a great point did you get your replacement tubes from GHL?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris -
You have an air exchange/vent issue.

The reason the tubing is collapsing is due to the vent line not allowing air to enter the chamber.

Make sure the vent line is not submerged, release the fitting in the rear and allow any water in the tube to drain. Blow it out. Reattach.

Then go in via either app and “empty measurement cell completely” do this until you see no further liquid coming out of the waste line.

MyReefRobbedMe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this problem in the beginning aswell ,what I had to do was manually prime the pumps by pushing the buttons , to get the air out of the hose and chamber inside . Once the air is out Than connect it to the kh director . I dunno why but having air in the lines will shoot the tubes off . . Once you get it primed and running it will run smooth. GL

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Geo's Reef
Back