Kessil H160 Flora

How long do you run your refugium lights (reverse cycling)?

• Less than six hours

• Between six and eight hours

• Nine to eleven hours

• More than eleven

Results are only viewable after voting.

Willz

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I recently bought some Kessil 160 Flora lights. I also, unfortunately, bought the Kessil Spectral X controller, which is compatible with the lights but is really for the 300 series lights.

The SpectralX unit allows for me to program the following variables: intensity, violet, red, and green. And obviously the time.

My questions are:

1. Is anyone familiar with what the appropriate settings on the SpectralX/H160 flora are for the purpose of growing macro algae?

2. I’m running it at night on a reverse cycle from the main lights. I run it from midnight to 9am (e.g., 9 hours). From your experience what is an acceptable amount of time to run them?

I’ve been using it for about a month and my macro (red oggo) is shrinking and shedding and I don’t want to kill it. So any in scope help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Will

Brian Fabiano

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I recently bought some Kessil 160 Flora lights. I also, unfortunately, bought the Kessil Spectral X controller, which is compatible with the lights but is really for the 300 series lights.

The SpectralX unit allows for me to program the following variables: intensity, violet, red, and green. And obviously the time.

My questions are:

1. Is anyone familiar with what the appropriate settings on the SpectralX/H160 flora are for the purpose of growing macro algae?

2. I’m running it at night on a reverse cycle from the main lights. I run it from midnight to 9am (e.g., 9 hours). From your experience what is an acceptable amount of time to run them?

I’ve been using it for about a month and my macro (red oggo) is shrinking and shedding and I don’t want to kill it. So any in scope help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Will

You ever find the Spectral X Controller settings for H160 for growing macro algae?

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, unfortunately all the macro died. I wish someone would post with specific percentages and times. I have 6 of these lights and was using one on the refugium before using the other five over a new 110g macro and seahorse tank.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquatic Life TDS Pen Offer
Back