Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically i ordered the kessil controler thats compatible with these old a360w lights. but i cant seem to find the right 0-10v connection they use to connect the two(Single light to controller). am i just missing something in plain sight or is anyone running a setup like this and have any insight on where to order this connection cable.

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically i ordered the kessil controler thats compatible with these old a360w lights. but i cant seem to find the right 0-10v connection they use to connect the two(Single light to controller). am i just missing something in plain sight or is anyone running a setup like this and have any insight on where to order this connection cable.
A360we tuna blue? And the Kessil A series controller?

If so, then it is just a standard 3.5mm audio cable or the standard Kessil cable. It is basically a stereo audio cable. The pin should have 3 sections, one for each channel and then a common ground. If it is a cable that also includes a channel for a mic, it will have issues, since the pins will not line up with the contact points on the cable end.

It would go like this once connected.

One end of audio cable or kessil cable to channel 1 or 2 on the controller
Other end to the "Input" on the light.
If you have 2 lights, then you would go from the output on the first light to the input on the second light.
Keep doing that from multiple lights.

Only 1 "feed" cable from either output on the controller is needed. After the first light the lights just daisy chain from light output to next light input.

After this is done, you can test it via manual mode on whatever output you used on the controller. If you used channel 1, then adjust channel 1 to all white and all blue. Make sure lights change color then do the same for brightness.

From there, you can setup your schedule based on the channel on the controller you used.

For reference. Channel One on controller is the left port. Power from micro USB is in the middle and channel 2 is the right port. All placement is when looking at screen on controller.

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A360we tuna blue? And the Kessil A series controller?

If so, then it is just a standard 3.5mm audio cable or the standard Kessil cable. It is basically a stereo audio cable. The pin should have 3 sections, one for each channel and then a common ground. If it is a cable that also includes a channel for a mic, it will have issues, since the pins will not line up with the contact points on the cable end.

It would go like this once connected.

One end of audio cable or kessil cable to channel 1 or 2 on the controller
Other end to the "Input" on the light.
If you have 2 lights, then you would go from the output on the first light to the input on the second light.
Keep doing that from multiple lights.

Only 1 "feed" cable from either output on the controller is needed. After the first light the lights just daisy chain from light output to next light input.

After this is done, you can test it via manual mode on whatever output you used on the controller. If you used channel 1, then adjust channel 1 to all white and all blue. Make sure lights change color then do the same for brightness.

From there, you can setup your schedule based on the channel on the controller you used.

For reference. Channel One on controller is the left port. Power from micro USB is in the middle and channel 2 is the right port. All placement is when looking at screen on controller.
Its one o the big older kessil A360w tuna blue but it the new controller the spectral controller x. Can i jus go to micro center and buy a nice high end audio cable instead of ordering of BRS? if so what exact cable should i get.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its one o the big older kessil A360w tuna blue but it the new controller the spectral controller x. Can i jus go to micro center and buy a nice high end audio cable instead of ordering of BRS? if so what exact cable should i get.
You will need to use the 0-10v output on the right side bottom of the X controller for those lights.

And yes, you can get any 2 channel 3.5mm audio cable to drive the lights from the controller. I have 6x a360we and 6x x360 running on a single controller and am using 3.5 mm cables for the A series lights and decent quality USB to USB c cables for all lights but one on the X. I am using a k-link cable for the one not using a USB C to USB C, as the klink is just USB C to USB C and ridiculously long lol.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need to use the 0-10v output on the right side bottom of the X controller for those lights.

And yes, you can get any 2 channel 3.5mm audio cable to drive the lights from the controller. I have 6x a360we and 6x x360 running on a single controller and am using 3.5 mm cables for the A series lights and decent quality USB to USB c cables for all lights but one on the X. I am using a k-link cable for the one not using a USB C to USB C, as the klink is just USB C to USB C and ridiculously long lol.
Gonna hit staples after class thank you so much

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello -

Steve is correct! You can use any high-grade Male to Male 3.5mm 0-10v cable when connecting our lights to other lights and / or the controller(s). If you run into any trouble setting the light up with the Spectral X Controller email us at [email protected] and we can send you our 0-10v Spectral X Controller template!

Best regards,
Kessil Support

GoReefin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What cord or part do you need to see?

Screenshot_20220303-094944_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220303-094949_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220303-094956_Gallery.jpg

AS

Jenuvio

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever figure this out? I have an a360we, but when i connect the 3.5mm cable to the kessil x controller it doesn't power up. Right now I have it working but i am using the USB to wall adapter to power it on...

FairbanksReefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever figure this out? I have an a360we, but when i connect the 3.5mm cable to the kessil x controller it doesn't power up. Right now I have it working but i am using the USB to wall adapter to power it on...
Yep, pretty sure the spectral controller has to get power from the USB-C and cannot get power through the audio jack, the audio jack is just for 0-10v

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Vivid
Back