Kessil A360X Cleaning (Using Dyson Vacuum)

potatocouch

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per title, I intend to vacuum the vent-holes in Kessil A360X using Dyson Vacuum.

Just to remove those dusts sticking on the ventilation holes.

I will of course disconnect the light.

Have anyone done it?

I will use my fingers to sort of close the vacuum as to a way to reduce the suction; just slightly concern there is component that is easily sucked by the vacuum.

I understand that Kessil mentioned about using blower but logically speaking if I blow it in, the dust will go in and not out, which beat the purpose.

Thoughts?

Nutramar Foods

Jared Bryant

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per title, I intend to vacuum the vent-holes in Kessil A360X using Dyson Vacuum.

Just to remove those dusts sticking on the ventilation holes.

I will of course disconnect the light.

Have anyone done it?

I will use my fingers to sort of close the vacuum as to a way to reduce the suction; just slightly concern there is component that is easily sucked by the vacuum.

I understand that Kessil mentioned about using blower but logically speaking if I blow it in, the dust will go in and not out, which beat the purpose.

Thoughts?
I don't see any issue with a vacuum. I just use a can of air and done. I don't even disconnect to blow them out with air.

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any issue with a vacuum. I just use a can of air and done. I don't even disconnect to blow them out with air.
I don't get the idea of blowing the dust in and not out with air blower or CO2 blower.

Logically speaking you would blow air from outside to inside, right?

Understand that dust will no longer sits in the vent holes but they're not out; they're actually got blown inside the light and just sits there.

Corals.com

h20cyclone

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vacuum can create static electricity and potentially fry your light. That is generally whey they suggest compressed CO2 cans. You would most likely be fine but still wouldn't be worth the risk personally. Out of many lights they are actually pretty simple to take apart and clean out.

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vacuum can create static electricity and potentially fry your light. That is generally whey they suggest compressed CO2 cans. You would most likely be fine but still wouldn't be worth the risk personally. Out of many lights they are actually pretty simple to take apart and clean out.
i'm not good at electricity nor am i an electrician but say if I unplug it completely from the wall plug, will I still risk having static electricity?

or is the static electricity is being introduced from the vacuum?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NooPsyche CORAL LIGHT
Back