Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great. How do you like the IM170 ext? I am considering the same tank.
Overall I love it.

The only con I’d say is the stand. Maybe it’s because I’m just not used to this new material for stands, and because of it don’t fully trust it, but the aluminum stand just feels super flimsy for how much weight it’s supporting.

It’s to the point where if I’m cleaning the glass side to side too fast with my magnet cleaner, the tank will start too rock side to side a bit which is sketchy. Because of this I either go slowly or vertically.

It must be strong enough though because many people seem to swear by these types of stands.

And as far as tank footprints go, nothing beats it in my opinion.

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to pull the trigger. I will use the tank built in the wall so I may integrate the stand somehow or just not use it. I have a 60" tank now and I want a deeper tank. Thanks for the info. I should calll them to see if they can sell me just a tank and new sump.

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to pull the trigger. I will use the tank built in the wall so I may integrate the stand somehow or just not use it. I have a 60" tank now and I want a deeper tank. Thanks for the info. I should calll them to see if they can sell me just a tank and new sump.
Looks like there is currently a 40% off sale for them

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things have been moving along fairly well. The new frag tank keeps sps but is still going through an ugly phase, which is so weird to me but it is what it is. Phosphates have been all over the place. I can't seem to dial in neophos on the doser. Will keep trying to find the sweet spot but at the moment I've just kept it at a minimum dose and am manually dosing extra to get to the desired levels. I'll be looking into some sort of auto tester in the future to test/dose phosphates for me because I'm growing tired of it

As far as additions go, I picked up a super cool and HUGE tube anemone from @Reef Collective. The tube is close to a foot long and the tentacles are 9+ inches. I've never kept one before, and have only seen smaller ones for sale, so I figured what the heck! It also has some super cool orange/yellow markings in the green tentactles.

I also added a royal pencil wrasse to replace my blue star leopard. So far so good. Gets along with everyone and is always at the front of the tank looking for food. I'll try to get a picture of him soon.

That's basically it for now. Here's a few more pictures I took while I had the camera out.

BC Conveyor Belt of Fleshdunce. Mille's don't do the best for me, and I also can never get PE from them. We'll see if anything changes with this one.

Fishfoo Cigarettes After Sex. Backup frag growing nicely.

BC Mystery Team. It rtn'd almost immediately after getting it in the tank but I was able to save the tiniest nub. Now after two years it's finally starting to grow :)

No name rainbow tenuis. Not the best picture, but this guy is my favorite piece in the tank at the moment. Really excited to see what it looks like once it grows some more.

RC Poison Envy. Finally got a colony pic of it. A cool and unique piece.

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep forgetting to update this thread so a good month or two passed between last post and this, but after this one we're back up to date.

Quick tldr update: Tube nem unfortunately had to go; messed up my royal pencil wrasse pretty bad and ended up dying shortly after. On a brighter note, have some new fish and corals on the way/in qt. Still going through some algae struggles with the frag tank but trying to stay on top of it.

Now for a mini photo dump

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Back