Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the mistake of putting kalkwasser directly into ato instead of mixing it first and letting it settle and pouring the clear water into my ato.

About a 1/8 to 1/4 tsp got sucked into the ato pump and into my sump. The water in my display got a little bit cloudy when it hapenned about 25 minutes ago, but is starting to fade. My PH jumped from 7.96 to 8.05 imodiately, and up to 8.16 over the last 20 minutes.

I should be good right? Lesson learned?

Me algae blenny, clowns and kenya tree seem unbothered, my duncan is in its same mostly closed state it usually is.

Any emergency measures? Or should i just be glad I didn't do more damage and take the lesson and move on?

90G total volume of system, about 18oz of total solution went in. (Was testing ato by removing some water is the reason i know the exact volume

AquaCave Logo Banner
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its kicked on for 7 seconds twice since and it it sitting riiiight at 8.16

Only bummer is, i think even with this itty bitty bit of cloudiness, i need to wait to check oarams tonight. I think it will boost my DKH and I am sure its probably down to 7, skipped an entire day of 1 gal kalkwasser drip waiting for my water to evap back down and let the ATO do it

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week
Back