Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to hijack the thread, but i have a somewhat related question. I just shifted from dosing Kalk from my ATO to a dosing pump, dosing 24 times a day. I'm still trying to dial it in and currently doing 2,500 ml on a 150 gallon (110 volume) to try to keep pH at 8.3. But i'm noticing my salinity dropping. Seems odd considering i was seeing about a gallon of evaporation a day and i'm not even dosing a gallon Thoughts?

The only way salinity can drop is if you are dosing more than evaporation. You might check to see if the amount dropping in the reservoir matches the amount expected to be dosed. pumps often vary.

BRS

Funwithreefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way salinity can drop is if you are dosing more than evaporation. You might check to see if the amount dropping in the reservoir matches the amount expected to be dosed. pumps often vary.
Agree. I should have mentioned that my ATO is still kicking in every so often so I was just concluding I wasn’t dosing more than evap. But I’m going to try and get it balanced out. I lowered my kalk dosing

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back