Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Months ago , I purchased that awesome yellow eclipse and armageddons from zoafrags and it costed me $450 ( darn bidders ) lolz. After a month it dies off. Well , i called John and told him about what happened. He didn't even bother to ask my water parameters, he insisted to replace them for me or a refund will be given.

I gave him enough time to gather his stuff and maybe he may get some more of the yellow eclipse and armageddons. after awhile he ended up replacing the armageddons ( 15 polyps ) but never the yellow eclipse since its been long gone and its hard to find. But he gave me 13 frags of each of his gorgeous stuff.

I went to his house to cherry pick them. Where would you get a replacement for DOA after nearly a month of purchase? Tell me where because im definitely buy from that person.

Zoafrags have done great with his customers lately. I don't think a small photo issue would ruin his name. Besides he's got permission from Rommel regarding the photo anyway.

- Steve

JGoslee

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered from zoafrags before and was happy with my purchase but the last auction I won was clearly a photoshoped pic and looked nothing like what he sent me. Basically I spent $200 on a photoshoped green paly. So I'll never buy another thing from him again.

World Wide Corals

berns

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Months ago , I purchased that awesome yellow eclipse and armageddons from zoafrags and it costed me $450 ( darn bidders ) lolz. After a month it dies off. Well , i called John and told him about what happened. He didn't even bother to ask my water parameters, he insisted to replace them for me or a refund will be given.

I gave him enough time to gather his stuff and maybe he may get some more of the yellow eclipse and armageddons. after awhile he ended up replacing the armageddons ( 15 polyps ) but never the yellow eclipse since its been long gone and its hard to find. But he gave me 13 frags of each of his gorgeous stuff.

I went to his house to cherry pick them. Where would you get a replacement for DOA after nearly a month of purchase? Tell me where because im definitely buy from that person.

Zoafrags have done great with his customers lately. I don't think a small photo issue would ruin his name. Besides he's got permission from Rommel regarding the photo anyway.

- Steve

cool that should please my mate (his name is richard if zoafrags reads this)

ill send him a link to this thread as he's abit stressed as to how things have so far gone lol

zoa2

unregistered
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of zoafrag's palys are awesome under 20ks. I used to have 14Ks, but nothing seem to work fine so i changed into 20ks. His stuff is sitting in the garage ( proptank ) under 2x 400 watts 20ks mogul ushio. It's at least 12 inches from the lights. So if you're not using any 20ks , i think you will get some colors but not intensely.

So decided to changed my bulbs. I think i like the blueish color in my tank now instead of yellow looking color.

reefboy

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well sry to here that but like i said somtimes mine needed to color up i recieved armor of gods that looked nothing like the pic but they do now might be jumping the gun but hey one less guy to bid against lol
before
zoos013.jpg

after i fraged and sold a couple
zoos.jpg

to the colony i have now
zoos093.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

reefboy

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i use reefsolution and feed them but other then that nothin outa the norm i run CA reactor and calk reactor but thats about it and lots of peeps on here got lots of cool morphs just depends on what your looking for pm me might have a little somthin ,somthin youd like lol

zoa2

unregistered
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i use reefsolution and feed them but other then that nothin outa the norm i run CA reactor and calk reactor but thats about it and lots of peeps on here got lots of cool morphs just depends on what your looking for pm me might have a little somthin ,somthin youd like lol

I have the Nuclear Green to trade though. :D Got sumtin' a like? lolz Pm sent.:D

MATIBY

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of zoafrag's palys are awesome under 20ks. I used to have 14Ks, but nothing seem to work fine so i changed into 20ks. His stuff is sitting in the garage ( proptank ) under 2x 400 watts 20ks mogul ushio. It's at least 12 inches from the lights. So if you're not using any 20ks , i think you will get some colors but not intensely.

So decided to changed my bulbs. I think i like the blueish color in my tank now instead of yellow looking color.

Same here, Big difference.

BTW. He hooked me up with the PFO Acro lights sitting in his garage, since I was such a newbie to reefing.
Great Guy to deal with.

zoa2

unregistered
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, 14ks and 20ks have big difference especially on zoanthids. I used to have t5s and i cant seem to find any color even on my SPS. :( so since i upgraded to 20ks 400w halides, im not going back to t5s.

- Steve

BRS

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i had some zoos from zoafrags melt, it was just a 112.00 order so i just ate the cost.

i will just buy from ultimate frags he is a stand up guy (he stands behind his zoos and sps)

if you dont like the pics that zoafrags uses --just dont buy from him

zoa2

unregistered
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order was $450 and all was replaced in timely manner. My order from zoafrags were sitting in my tank for nearly a month and he still replaced them for me.

Some friends have ordered from ultimatefrags that died after awhile, Rommel replaced them too.

I think these sellers are serious businessman compare to other bogus in the market.

- Steve

zoa2

unregistered
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the order i made from donavansreef of ebay. That guy has serious attitude and have problems communicating with his buyers. I spent nearly $300 on his florida rics before. He never even bother to replace them for me.

- Steve

Nutramar Foods

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is for everyone......(including any ebay sellers lurking)

people are welcome to express their opinions about anyone here on club-zoa. we do not run this site like RC, where threads are closed down immediately once 2 people have differing opinions.

i find this information regarding zoafrags (the good and the bad reports), extreamely informative to the average zoa buyer. and encourage more talk like this.

back on topic...

zoafrags sounds like he is doing very well, and has been having better business practices which i commend. back when zoafrags started out on ebay over the summer, some of his practices in obtaining some rare zoa morphs could be said as, "unethical"...thats all i'll say.

he has some great stuff, and prices seem to be very reasonable since they are mostly controlled by the bidding, and not setting high starting bid prices which is great.

my only complaint is about his pictures. i wish he would take pics of the frags as WYSIWYG. i realize there is always an element of photoshoping, and increasing the heck out of the saturation like reefermadness. but at least so the bidder could see the actual frag they are getting. they are already up for bid, so its not like they are "cut to order". although, if he is making the frags right after the auction ends, and then sending them. that would cause alot of undue stress on the zoas and might explain reasons why some people have them perish.

...just some thoughts...

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AFX
Back