Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is rommel ebay seller zoafrags? or does this kid just steal his pics to sell zoanthids. i noticed that his eclipse yellow pictures are rommels from zoaid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190062348054

i emailed him to ask him, he blocked me... does he do this for other zoas?
i would like to know, i would like to see the frag i'm buying, not someone else's. that would be very wrong, IMO. BUT, im old school. what does the club think? is this a legit biz practice on ebay?

Top Shelf Aquatics

JGoslee

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think zoofrags has any ties to Rommel. I do think he gets alot of his stock from ultimatefrags. I have noticed that he has alot of the same palys that Rommel has. I think it is bad business practice to use other peoples pics to sell your stuff. I want to see the actual frag of what Im buying.

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

zoa2

unregistered
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope Rommel doesn't sell on ebay. The Yellow Eclipse photo was taken by Rommel but Zoafrags was the one who submited it on zoaid.com . If the original owner has given permission to anybody of using the owner's photo , it's legal to use it. Yes, Rommel authorized zoafrags to use the photo.

I've seen zoafrag's ebay and he's been selling the yellow eclipse for quite sometime now. Myself had even bought it from the guy, very healthy specimen. Since im using 400 watts of lighting on my 350 Gallon, i get intense color from his frags especially the yellow eclipse.

I've been to zoafrag's house and i've seen his tanks. I even saw his Canon 5D camera w/ macro lenses. His got great stuff.

The reason why Rommel's frags or zoas iare similar to zoafrags is because they get it from the same wholesaler in the bayarea. Here in the bayarea , we have almost the same wholesaler that we get the colony from.

Also, i think it doesn't hurt anybody to purchase from Ultimatefrags / Rommel and re-sell it somewhere, does it? I think you have the right to do whatever you want to do with your frags especially when you paid for them.

- Steve

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
realschool

realschool

DON'T HATE : PARTICIPATE
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i totally agree steve. what i don't agree with is that someone has a picture of a zoa that they didnt take, but put their logo on it and say in their description that they took the picture. that's the point i'm making. just tell me that you have eclipse yellow, but are using someone elses picture. it makes people think that you are dishonest and possibly using other people's pictures for the rest of your zoas. if it's not your picture, let people know, that's all.

World Wide Corals

berns

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive a mate who recently purchased a costly order of $600 purchase from zoafrags, he received 13 frags but about half perished when he received them, as of now only 4-5 frags looking like pulling through so he mailed zoafrags regarding sad state and fair play to the guy he say he'll replace losses if my mate pays shipping which mate has done (cost another $100)

zoafrags said he'll look after him with a some free bees aswell which cool (i guess maybe if get extra 4 frags it will help with extra shipping expence)

anyways he seems a nice chap by the sounds

Last edited:

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was going around a few months back. Cant remember exactly but Im pretty sure there is or was a link between the two.

And yeah, it does seem a little shady theyre using each others pics while trying to make you think its his.

Last edited:
AquaCave Logo Banner

reefboy

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have nothing but good dealings with john have even done some trades with him he's a class act the zoo's you get are frags off colonys so your not seeing actual frag on any of his auctions just pic of what your getting wheather its his or not as long as he's got permission fine by me everything ive gotten has ben as pic'ed some have needed to color a bit but never the less have done so i will keep buying and trading with him because he has quality stuff, now i shoulda talked bad so you guy's wont run my bids up but oh well, lol

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
ACC
Back