Is it ich or am i insane

AmazingYocool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my short body soldier fish have started to get spots on them. Ive noticed this for the past week and they have been in the tank for about a month plus 2 weeks in QT. I didnt dose anything to the QT, just watched them for 2 weeks.

Nothing was on them for 3 weeks untill recently. But when I turn the white light on, it disapears. Is this something common for the shory body soldier fish?

Ive been feeding food with metroplex, kanaplex, focus, and vitality (pre froze)

Any ideas?? ty

1727826597136.png IMG_2459 (1).jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, the pictures aren’t clear enough for a good diagnosis. I can see one white spot in the second picture, but that is too large to be ich.

Ich spots are white, pinhead size or smaller spots on the body and fins. They’ll come and go and change location day to day, but increase in number over time. Because they reproduce geometrically, at some point, the number of spots explodes and the fish eventually dies if not effectively treated in time..

Last edited:
OP
OP
AmazingYocool

AmazingYocool

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill try to take some more when I get home today. I woke up and saw one of them hanging by the filter suction. I hope he was just trying to sleep cause the lights werent on.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill try to take some more when I get home today. I woke up and saw one of them hanging by the filter suction. I hope he was just trying to sleep cause the lights werent on.

With the fish behavior being, "hanging by the filter", it may not be ich. A clear video may help more, so that I can judge the respiration rate.

The oral medications you are using won't work unless you are dosing the drug in the correct amount - too little and no benefit will be seen, too much kanaplex is toxic and too much metronidazole is bitter and will cause the fish to stop feeding:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back