Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very clean setup. So the one pump does the UV and returns and the other just the manifold and dumps back into the sump?
Sort of. They're plumbed in such a way that the pressure will be split between the UV/return and the manifold; if I turn off the center ball valve, it isolates one pump to UV/return and the other to manifold. The way it's set up lets me power the entire system with one pump if I need to disconnect/clean the other.

Also, I have 2 reactors coming just like yours. Is it pretty easy to figure out how to hang them like you did and what fittings I’ll need?

Thanks! Setup looks great!
It's pretty easy!

PXL_20230507_040745698~3.jpg

Red is a 3/4" slip ball valve, green is a 3/4" to 1/2" slip x slip reducing bushing, blue is a 1/2" slip to 1/2" MPT adapter, yellow is a 1/2" slip x 1/2" mpt 90 degree elbow. You can unscrew the fittings it comes with and screw those on.

It's a bit heavy, though, so I'd suggest using pipe clamps for both the center brace between the two reactors and on either side. You can see the various clamps I have throughout my system; I used these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08CRL3TBB?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Tap the aluminum stand with an m4 or M5 tapping bit, then screw them to the stand. Worked really well for me so far.

Adaptive Reef also sells a premade 1/2" manifold for ~$80, but it's honestly cheaper to just make one yourself.

And thank you for the compliment!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

QuickrdenU

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How will running two pumps into one line like that work? I like how it looks much cleaner that way but am curious what the downsides are if any?

Also, I have 2 reactors coming just like yours. Is it pretty easy to figure out how to hang them like you did and what fittings Sort of. They're plumbed in such a way that the pressure will be split between the UV/return and the manifold; if I turn off the center ball valve, it isolates one pump to UV/return and the other to manifold. The way it's set up lets me power the entire system with one pump if I need to disconnect/clean the other.
It's pretty easy!

View attachment 3178212

Red is a 3/4" slip ball valve, green is a 3/4" to 1/2" slip x slip reducing bushing, blue is a 1/2" slip to 1/2" MPT adapter, yellow is a 1/2" slip x 1/2" mpt 90 degree elbow. You can unscrew the fittings it comes with and screw those on.

It's a bit heavy, though, so I'd suggest using pipe clamps for both the center brace between the two reactors and on either side. You can see the various clamps I have throughout my system; I used these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08CRL3TBB?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Tap the aluminum stand with an m4 or M5 tapping bit, then screw them to the stand. Worked really well for me so far.

Adaptive Reef also sells a premade 1/2" manifold for ~$80, but it's honestly cheaper to just make one yourself.

And thank you for the compliment!
thanks for the good info! I have a few of the locking clamps but those are tempting for the price. They grab the pipe pretty snug?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Visit Detroit Reef Club
Back