Insurance that Covers Live Corals and Fish!? Would you pay extra for this Coverage? Please vote!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Would you pay $20 extra for UPS insurance that covers Live Corals and Fish up to $400?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t understand can you please explain further ?

What is meant by “delayed by one day” is that a minimum or maximum limitation?

Monday overnight shipment examples:

1) Ships Monday, arrives Tuesday, livestock deceased. No coverage (I think this is assumed correctly)

2) ships Monday, arrives Wednesday, livestock deceased - we get coverage

3) ships Monday, package lost, arrives Friday - do we get coverage ?
The line “delayed by one day” seems like a stipulation and maximum the way it’s worded.

What about -
ups became busy and didn’t get to my house before shift end?

package was lost and found a day or two later?

Package delayed and UPS doesn’t tell me why and just says rescheduled ?

Package delivered to incorrect address ?

Sorry about that, the insurance will cover a box that's been delayed for over 1 day (Mon ship, arrives Weds or later)

For these:

ups became busy and didn’t get to my house before shift end? - Covered

package was lost and found a day or two later? - Covered

Package delayed and UPS doesn’t tell me why and just says rescheduled ? - Covered

Package delivered to incorrect address ? - I'll need to ask about this one, but I'm pretty sure if we have proof its been delivered to the wrong adress, it'll be covered

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do orders over a certain amount that get free sh still get the coverage?

Yes, up to $400. Additional insurance could be purchased at $5 per $100 of coverage

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandatory? No. Optional? Certainly
Automatically included in the shipping charge (and I likely wouldn’t have noticed the change in shipping cost anyway? Sure.

Basically, if you said something along the lines of “Shipping cost includes insurance for delays greater than 1 day” or similar and your shipping rate remains reasonable ($49 is roughly in line with many other vendors), I don’t see a major issue and I’d just implement it. Though some may notice the shipping price change

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t understand can you please explain further ?

What is meant by “delayed by one day” is that a minimum or maximum limitation?

Monday overnight shipment examples:

1) Ships Monday, arrives Tuesday, livestock deceased. No coverage (I think this is assumed correctly)

2) ships Monday, arrives Wednesday, livestock deceased - we get coverage

The line “delayed by one day” seems like a stipulation and maximum the way it’s worded.

What about -

The owner is out of town due to some family issues and I did not want to leave you waiting for an answer.
PSA I have not discussed with him about this yet so these answers may be inaccurate but from what I can imagine is :

1) Ships Monday, arrives Tuesday, livestock deceased. No coverage (I think this is assumed correctly) This would still fall under our doa policy and can be credited / replaced per store policy
2) ships Monday, arrives Wednesday, livestock deceased - we get coverage. Correct
The line “delayed by one day” seems like a stipulation and maximum the way it’s worded. ( I would imagine it is anything 1 day delayed or longer. I dont think it would be just a single day only and if so that would be pretty rediculous.

As for the following 4 questions:

This *SHOULD* still qualify as a delayed package as we paid for a overnight shipping module thusly the product should be delivered next day. Their fault for overdoing the work load for their drivers if this was the issue.

This *SHOULD* still qualify as a delayed package

I do not believe this would qualify ( IT SHOULD if the address you gave was correct and the shipping label we printed for your order was correct however they might have some sort of statement or policy ect.)

Sorry for not being able to give you a 100% definite answer but I did not want to leave you waiting for an answer for another couple of days until he is back and has internet/cell service.

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The owner is out of town due to some family issues and I did not want to leave you waiting for an answer.
PSA I have not discussed with him about this yet so these answers may be inaccurate but from what I can imagine is :

1) Ships Monday, arrives Tuesday, livestock deceased. No coverage (I think this is assumed correctly) This would still fall under our doa policy and can be credited / replaced per store policy
2) ships Monday, arrives Wednesday, livestock deceased - we get coverage. Correct
The line “delayed by one day” seems like a stipulation and maximum the way it’s worded. ( I would imagine it is anything 1 day delayed or longer. I dont think it would be just a single day only and if so that would be pretty rediculous.

As for the following 4 questions:

This *SHOULD* still qualify as a delayed package as we paid for a overnight shipping module thusly the product should be delivered next day. Their fault for overdoing the work load for their drivers if this was the issue.

I do not believe this would qualify ( IT SHOULD if the address you gave was correct and the shipping label we printed for your order was correct however they might have some sort of statement or policy ect.)

Sorry for not being able to give you a 100% definite answer but I did not want to leave you waiting for an answer for another couple of days until he is back and has internet/cell service.
I appreciate it. I was responded to by someone at aquasd in post 21

These are all things that should be clarified and confirmed with the insurance company. So far, from the two aquasd responses, if sounds like these scenarios are all covered, and I like it

Keep total shipping at $50 or less with this bundled in, and you are matching competitor shipping rates but are the only ones with an actual insurance guarantee

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google ship your reptiles and others like it. Some do fish. Delivery guaranteed if late and DOA. No DOA guarantee if delivered timely. They do however have strict rules about when can be shipped based on weather at point of seller and receiver.

Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back