Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was one of the first to place a Petco order and I've since gotten an email saying they are having supply issues and my order is now on hold.
Try Chewy, I just reveived QTY 16 - 50 gallon bags free delivery and $12.00 per bag. I received them in NC in 48 hours

Rhodes87

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up to advise that there will be a "substantial price increase" of Instant Ocean and Reef Crystal salt prices effective Jan 15, 2023.
Time to stock up now !!
Thanks. I was just about to get a bucket. Looks like I'll be getting 2 or 3 at least. I bought a 200 gal box from my LFS a few weeks ago and it was $80+.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

NormanB

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bucket arrived and the packaging has a slight change, or it's new to me. I haven't gotten the 160g in about a year, so you can imagine my surprise when I opened the door and low and behold...the handle is now all plastic!

When did this happen? From the looks of it, I don't expect it to last anywhere near as long as the metal hoop did. The hand grip is improved in my opinion as it's shaped a bit better, but the plastic pin that fits to the bucket seems like a weak point.

I have metal handle buckets that are 15 years old or more and still going strong. Probable not gonna happen now.

Just my .02

Mjl714

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bucket arrived and the packaging has a slight change, or it's new to me. I haven't gotten the 160g in about a year, so you can imagine my surprise when I opened the door and low and behold...the handle is now all plastic!

When did this happen? From the looks of it, I don't expect it to last anywhere near as long as the metal hoop did. The hand grip is improved in my opinion as it's shaped a bit better, but the plastic pin that fits to the bucket seems like a weak point.

I have metal handle buckets that are 15 years old or more and still going strong. Probable not gonna happen now.

Just my .02
I noticed the same thing, agree hand feel is better, but also suspect on the durability of the plastic replacing the metal.

BamaCoastPyrat

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up to advise that there will be a "substantial price increase" of Instant Ocean and Reef Crystal salt prices effective Jan 15, 2023.
Time to stock up now !!
I just bought four 5 gallon buckets from petco at $37 a piece. I should be good for most of the year. Thanks for the heads up!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Does anyone know how much the price is going up to?
Dont quote me but im hearing $4-6 to current pricing but we will know in a week

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back