I'm coming back to the hobby. Excited to be here

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a few tanks in the past but haven't had a running tank in over a year . My miss my tanks. I always had fun watching the fish, coral, and other critters. I especially loved to watch the coral eat. I also love symbiotic relationships. One being the Pom Pom Crab.

I have a few favorite coral. This list is in no particular order.

1. Zoa
2. mushrooms: disco, ricordea, rhodactis
3. Daisy
4. Clove
5. Acan/Micro
6. Duncan
7. Chalice
8. Monti

I'd love to see pictures of colonies, as well as some of everyone's favorites.
AaaR2R2.gif

Symbiotic relationships fascinate me. When my build goes up il have the Clown Anemone standard as well as the Goby/Shrimp pair. Will have to look into the Pom Pom.

So Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!!!

OP
OP
Knucker

Knucker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AaaR2R2.gif

Symbiotic relationships fascinate me. When my build goes up il have the Clown Anemone standard as well as the Goby/Shrimp pair. Will have to look into the Pom Pom.

So Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!!!
Pom Pom crabs are great and super easy to care for if you already have coral. I swear Pom Pom crabs were the first reef keepers. They will care for their anemones, and if they have only one they will frag it.

Others I know of are Christmas tree rocks, Skillet fish/fungia plate coral, Cosmic Nano Goby/ fungia, anemone crab/Maxi mini carpet or rock flower anemone, I could go on.

Clownfish end up hosting a number of coral, not just anemone. From Toadstool to Goni. I've had my clowns host my water heater lol. Probably why they are called clowns.

As for Goby/Shrimp pair. Make sure you have I think 3 inch of sand so they can burrow. You can also employ a trick I learned. Take a aquarium decoration that is hollow and open on the bottom. Bury half way in the sand. Your Goby will probably make a burrow into the decoration. At least mine did. I only used maybe 1 1/2 inch of sand. Neil(Goby) and Colt(Shrimp) loved it.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back