Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm how do you plan to feed the seahorses if you have fish competing for food?
They actually eat out of my hand haha. I hold the mysis and they grab onto the mangrove roots and peck as the food defrosts. I can't figure out how to get a video posted on here. I'm feeding 3-5 times a day as they grow. Once they're full adults, I usually cut back to 2-3 times a day.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9476.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9477.jpeg
    IMG_9477.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 12

FlyPenFly

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They actually eat out of my hand haha. I hold the mysis and they grab onto the mangrove roots and peck as the food defrosts. I can't figure out how to get a video posted on here. I'm feeding 3-5 times a day as they grow. Once they're full adults, I usually cut back to 2-3 times a day.

That's great but what happens if you have to be away for 2 weeks?

Are you planning to install the doors or did you want more of a open frame concept?

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great but what happens if you have to be away for 2 weeks?

Are you planning to install the doors or did you want more of an open frame concept?
My best friend has reef tanks as well. He usually stays at our house and dog sits for us when we go away. Usually never more than a week at a time. He has no problem going through the maintenance routine.

I will be putting the doors on eventually with the baby on the way. For now, I like looking at everything under the tank

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
Top Shelf Aquatics

FlyPenFly

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best friend has reef tanks as well. He usually stays at our house and dog sits for us when we go away. Usually never more than a week at a time. He has no problem going through the maintenance routine.

I will be putting the doors on eventually with the baby on the way. For now, I like looking at everything under the tank
Very cool.
I wish any of my close friends were into reef tanks. I usually have to record videos and rotate chores among friends/family. lol.

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool.
I wish any of my close friends were into reef tanks. I usually have to record videos and rotate chores among friends/family. lol.
Yeah its definitely a plus having a local reefing community haha. The fish store by me is a hangout hub for a lot of us in the area. It helps a lot with inspiration and getting that fish/coral fix without having to bring it all home.
I've had saltwater tanks since I was 10 or 11 so my family is all really into it. My girlfriend actually suggested we keep the RSR 250 running too haha. She's almost as into it as me

Nutramar Foods
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Deltec
Back