If you want to add some personality to your tank, add THIS fish to your tank!

fishkat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Copperband.
Very inquisitive fish.
Not shy at all.
Trusts me, can feed him by hand!

IMG_0256.jpeg
I've been reading in several forums that CB's are very difficult to feed from the water column! How did you get yours to feed? Is it tank bred?
fishkat

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Copperband.
Very inquisitive fish.
Not shy at all.
Trusts me, can feed him by hand!

IMG_0256.jpeg
I love my copperband. I've stated on another thread I can do anything in the tank and he just goes about his business. Even large water changes and tank cleaning he just swims around like nothing is going on. Feeding time comes and he starts shaking his head and heads to the top to get his belly full.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing how @Uncle99 got to post first, LOL, my second pic is my Niger Trigger fish. He is not allowed in the reef as he plays in the sand bed and makes a mess! So he is in a 90 gallon FOWLR. He eats out of my hand. My wife will sit next to the tank and he will come over and follow her finger. And rub up against the tank where she is rubbing back and forth. An awesome sight.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing yet.
Hasn’t touched the clams either.
Nor the BTA, or just not yet.

But wiped out the Aptasia completely in a week after a month of doing nothing.

Great fish. Worth the risk. Believes he’s “people” and interacts with me.
Glad it was able to wipe out the aiptasia, haha.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also love blennies and gobies. A lot of personality in a pint sized body, (which is good news for us nano tank keepers). I know the thread said 'fish' but how about how fun shrimp can be?
I still need to get a shrimp for my tank!

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine a tank without Clownfish or a Damsel (my yellow tail one constantly re does the aquascape by moving sand around into different piles. I had no idea they did this. I had freshwater shell dwellers that did this and their behavior is known for, but for damsels?

BContos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a pipefish? If so, what kind? It is so cool looking but I have always heard they dont do well in reef tanks and need to be in a species specific tank? I want to add a couple so bad to my tank!!

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my copperband. I've stated on another thread I can do anything in the tank and he just goes about his business. Even large water changes and tank cleaning he just swims around like nothing is going on. Feeding time comes and he starts shaking his head and heads to the top to get his belly full.
And after years of Peps, Berghia,Aptasia-X,F-Aptasia, he (or she) wiped out the Aptasia in what seemed, overnight.

Lots of pluses for this sometimes, difficult fish.

drbark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would never put this in a reef tank but my old Porcupine Puffer was the best. I had him for 12 years in a fish only tank. I would literraly pick him up with my hands and transfer him into a 5 gallon bucket so I can do maintenance to the tank and then transfer him back in. He would just swim over to me and let me handle him without puffing out. I miss him. His name was HR Puffenstuff. Best personality of any fish I've ever had.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would never put this in a reef tank but my old Porcupine Puffer was the best. I had him for 12 years in a fish only tank. I would literraly pick him up with my hands and transfer him into a 5 gallon bucket so I can do maintenance to the tank and then transfer him back in. He would just swim over to me and let me handle him without puffing out. I miss him. His name was HR Puffenstuff. Best personality of any fish I've ever had.
Wow, I haven't heard about HR Puffenstuff since I was a kid. Hhm, are you dating yourself?

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are showing your age with that name LOL! I wonder how many people get who is named after.........

Obriy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy adds a ton of personality to my tank. I find him perched everywhere in my tank. Despite their (hawkfish) reputation, so far he's left my cleanup crew and inverts alone.

Hawkfish-2024-06-07-1.jpg
Really good personality, but with only with larger fish. I've had one killing royal gramma. Returned it to LFS and got another one, this time decided to buy juvenile. It was nipping fins of my firefish and neon black dottyback.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back