If you want to add some personality to your tank, add THIS fish to your tank!

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0918.jpeg

This little green clown goby. He is awesome!
I have always loved clown gobies!

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an indigo dottyback who’s absolutely hilarious. She will love sand if she doesn’t like where it is. She’s always begging for food and super active. Just a really cool critter.

fishkat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Copperband.
Very inquisitive fish.
Not shy at all.
Trusts me, can feed him by hand!

IMG_0256.jpeg
Hey --uncle99,
I've read in several forums that CB's are difficult to feed. How did you get yours to eat from your hand! Is it tank raised? Does it nip at your corals?
fishkat

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey --uncle99,
I've read in several forums that CB's are difficult to feed. How did you get yours to eat from your hand! Is it tank raised? Does it nip at your corals?
fishkat
I read that as well.

Don’t think it’s captive bred. Too big at 3”.
They had 6.

The LFS showed me it eating PE Mysis (a larger offering) and Mysis, (the smaller version).

I put him in a 10g QT for a week.
Fed the PE Mysis with Brine, Mysis, Krill, Reef Frenzy, in essence, the same as I do for everyone else.

He ate slow first day, but after that, 6 days chased and grabbed food items, the PE mostly, the brine.

Doesnt touch Krill or Reef Frenzy.

The fish seems very interested in “me” is not skiddish at all, and comes to the top right corner of the DT and take Mysis, one at a time, from a pipette.

He has not touched anything (except Aptasia ) yet, it’s been a month. I do have concerns though, 6 clams in the tank and clam is a natural food for them.

He does pick around corals and rocks constantly, but nothing seems damaged…..or again at least yet.

Time will tell I guess.

Aptasia gone, but touched none for weeks, then just gone….all of them…can’t find even one…even off the glass and in between Zoa colonies.

Janet Belanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My watanabei angelfish is my favorite perosnality in my tank. She follows when I walk past and zooms around 'sharking' at the top of the water when she knows she'll be fed.

Laughterman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my fish in my tank has been locally caught, I'm in Durban , South Africa and you can catch everything that sells in the hobby in the rock pools, most of them. You just need a Aquarium catching licence.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my copperband. I've stated on another thread I can do anything in the tank and he just goes about his business. Even large water changes and tank cleaning he just swims around like nothing is going on. Feeding time comes and he starts shaking his head and heads to the top to get his belly ful
I just love mine also. I have had him for about 8 months. Not a model citizen though. Ate my bounce mushroom. The conches and even my snails. He would eat my clam if I didn't keep him protected with a plexiglass cage. He is eating out of the water column now. Eats a clam every week and a mussel. Along with a mixture of frozen food. He has recently started to pick at my Trachy. Good thing his new home is almost ready.

IMG_3711.jpeg

Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back