If you want to add some personality to your tank, add THIS fish to your tank!

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As reef keepers, we love fish that can bring fun to our tanks. Maybe it is a fish we love to watch or has interesting interactions with the other inhabitants in our tank. What is the one fish you can add to your tank that truly adds some personality? Photo Credit: @MtnDewMan
E028AE14-153E-4699-974E-E5546F5D383A.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
for me its likely a blenny, or neon goby! i've had both and they ended up being really personable. blenny always swimming around inspecting what you're doing or what the other fish/invertebrates are doing. neon goby would love to perch on my hand and "eat" bubbles off of them whenever my hand would be inside the tank.

Dbichler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emperor angel or desjardini tang have the most personality in my tank. Huma huma also but he eats anything small enough to fit in his mouth so don’t recommend them.

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a pair of maroons in the 90s. Goal is to get another paid and exactly that pictured. Wish they stayed white.

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow coris wrasse is quite a fun little fish. He's the only one in the tank that doesn't run for cover when I have my hands in. He also loves to follow me around the tank, even when I'm not working in it.

Now if you want nasty personality, get a female clownfish or a damsel :D

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has it ever nipped at any of your coral?
Nothing yet.
Hasn’t touched the clams either.
Nor the BTA, or just not yet.

But wiped out the Aptasia completely in a week after a month of doing nothing.

Great fish. Worth the risk. Believes he’s “people” and interacts with me.

JayM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure there's plenty with personality, but I have 2 in my tank that stand out. A Flame Hawk and a Midas Blenny.

Hawkfish is like the butler in Mr. Deeds. He'll be perched on a rock, disappear, then re-appear on the other side of the tank.

Midas does the normal blenny stuff usually, but I've made the mistake of getting sand in his barnacle when doing maintenance and he immediately will start grabbing mouthfuls, and dumping it on the other side of the tank with a short pause in-between to look at me like "thanks a lot, jerk".

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As reef keepers, we love fish that can bring fun to our tanks. Maybe it is a fish we love to watch or has interesting interactions with the other inhabitants in our tank. What is the one fish you can add to your tank that truly adds some personality? Photo Credit: @MtnDewMan
My diamond goby is just a hoot!!! I love watching him move sand all over the tank! He is very bold and has a huge personality. He will pick snails up and move them across the tank if he feels like they are in his way.

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since others have already taken my picks of a Puffer or Copperband, I'll go with the Cleaner Wrasse.

It's fun to see them move from fish to fish and observe their interactions. The harassment often causes the target fish to be annoyed, which is hilarious.

I have a Biota, so it eats frozen, too.

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That I own: a pair of wild true percs. They have way more personality than the designer breeds. It almost feels like we've bred the soul out of them.

That I can't have: porcupine puffer. Theyre very smart and are like an underwater puppy.

dwarfseahorse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get a lot of entertainment watching my Yellow Watchman Goby and my Pistol Shrimp. The Pistol Shrimp digs tunnels and makes caves all over my tank. The Watchman Goby is always right there to make sure nothing bothers the Pistol Shrimp while he is working so hard. The Watchman Goby and Pistol Shrimp live together in the tunnels. If I see one, the other is seconds behind. At first, I was worried that the Pistol Shrimp was re-doing the look of the tank but turns out he has great taste in his construction and absolutely amazes me. It never has any effect on my corals and my Firefish Goby’s have decided to live in one of the tunnels the Pistol Shrimp has created, instead of the regular place they use to hang out at. I do have a thick layer of live sand and lots of live rock with caves for all of this tunnelling and construction.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back