Ick and dying fish

Zigaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I would like someones help and knowledge as i am quite new to this hobby ive had my tank about 6 months and since adding my blue regal to my tank she had ick going on and off didnt really think much about it as i thought she was immune to it about 2 weeks ago ive added my long nose butterfly and past 2 days shes not been eating and probably is dying as she is not moving i have a 400ltr system. Ive been using polyplab medic but its not working i do have a uv,
I will be setting up quarantine tank but not sure how big and what equipment i will need? Also i heard i need to let me tank fallow for 3 months i really dont want to wait that long can i just do 100% water change or something and treat my fish in qt for couple of weeks and then add them back? Yes i do have corals and also do i have to qt my cuc? Thanks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I would like someones help and knowledge as i am quite new to this hobby ive had my tank about 6 months and since adding my blue regal to my tank she had ick going on and off didnt really think much about it as i thought she was immune to it about 2 weeks ago ive added my long nose butterfly and past 2 days shes not been eating and probably is dying as she is not moving i have a 400ltr system. Ive been using polyplab medic but its not working i do have a uv,
I will be setting up quarantine tank but not sure how big and what equipment i will need? Also i heard i need to let me tank fallow for 3 months i really dont want to wait that long can i just do 100% water change or something and treat my fish in qt for couple of weeks and then add them back? Yes i do have corals and also do i have to qt my cuc? Thanks

The two best treatments for ich are coppersafe of hyposalinity. Both need to be done in tanks without any invertebrates. Polyp Lab Medic often fails to control active infections, as do most other methods.

There is no way to eliminate ich from an invertebrate tank in less than 45 days, and 60 days is more typical:

Here is a basic treatment protocol (you might only need to do the copper portion):

Here is a post about Hyposalinity:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back