ich or velvet

yoshida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im treating with ich-x. This started probably about a week ago when one of my clowns wasn't eating. For 2 days it did not eat and it had a white spot. After 2 days it resumed eating as if nothing happened and then when I got home from work i noticed more fish had some spots and the clown was getting worse in terms of spots. I'm not sure if to keep treating for ich or if too try another remedy. Help please!!
Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 2.53.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 2.54.56 PM.png Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 2.53.37 PM.png Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 2.53.25 PM.png

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im treating with ich-x. This started probably about a week ago when one of my clowns wasn't eating. For 2 days it did not eat and it had a white spot. After 2 days it resumed eating as if nothing happened and then when I got home from work i noticed more fish had some spots and the clown was getting worse in terms of spots. I'm not sure if to keep treating for ich or if too try another remedy. Help please!!
That appears to be ich. If spots start few and increase over 24 hours its ich. Velvet is usually too many to count #fishmedic

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to continue treating for ich, however, we recommend either CopperPower or CopperSafe in a QT at a concentration of 2.25 - 2.50 for 30 days

Edit: the current protocol is covered in the link below.

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ich, Ich-X is not likely to help, anything reef safe is generally parasite safe.

Need to catch all fish and remove them to a quarantine for copper treatment.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 2.53.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 2.54.56 PM.png Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 2.53.37 PM.png Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 2.53.25 PM.png
Appears to be ich but need much clearer pics. It appears to be ich and fish will need to be moved to a separate treatment tank and treated with coppersafe at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off and with occupants exposed, they too should go into quarantine
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a tank from a second hand store or a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.

OP
OP
Y

yoshida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears to be ich but need much clearer pics. It appears to be ich and fish will need to be moved to a separate treatment tank and treated with coppersafe at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off and with occupants exposed, they too should go into quarantine
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a tank from a second hand store or a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.
what if i have too many fish that are infected? can i use dt to quarantine?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
what if i have too many fish that are infected? can i use dt to quarantine?
No as it will affect both inverts and coral. I mentioned options for quarantine and forget reef safe ich treatments which dont work. Regarding your question, you can treat display and remove all coral and inverts with the understanding it will be a FISH ONLY tank moving forward.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back