OP
NemoEnthusiast

NemoEnthusiast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is best to use inert well rinsed silica sand in a tray for wrasses in QT. You can use coral sand, but it will suck up some copper, so you would need to retest and add more copper more frequently.
Do you recommend TTM for wrasses? Honestly I am afraid of giving copper to wrasses. As I see no sign of disease on them. I want to go the route of TTM . My only concern in TTM is that how to manage sand between the two tanks? As every 3rd day I will have to shift the fish from one tank to another completely clean that tank, How to manage sand in this case?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you recommend TTM for wrasses? Honestly I am afraid of giving copper to wrasses. As I see no sign of disease on them. I want to go the route of TTM . My only concern in TTM is that how to manage sand between the two tanks? As every 3rd day I will have to shift the fish from one tank to another completely clean that tank, How to manage sand in this case?

Amine-chelated copper products like Coppersafe or Copper Power are fine with wrasses. When you read of wrasse/copper issues, that is with ionic copper products. You can still use ionic copper with wrasses, but it is more stressful, so I avoid doing that.

TTM works, but it is more stressful to the fish due to rising ammonia, and needing to move the fish every three days. You'll need to dispose of the sand with each move, as that will be harboring the resting tomont stage. Then, once done, you must have an ich-free tank to hold the fish in until their display has been rendered non-infective (usually takes 60 days).

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back