+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I have a question about fallow.

I had a bad case of ich leading to all but one fish dying. The fish hasn’t even had one spot on it it’s a Fire fish.
The question been if I Remove the fish from the tank for the 76 days what do I need to do with the fish? Any treatment of he is fully normal? Or can he just go back in after 76 days after been in a seperate tank?

I didn’t want to put him back in after 76 days and it all happens again l. Thank you

AquaCave Logo Banner

Anthony Scholfield

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish was in the tank that had ICH it will need to be treated for ICH. Even if it didnt or doesnt show spots it is likely still a carrier. Better safe than sorry anyway.

You can use copper to treat for ICH or my always recommended Tank Transfer Method. I believe this is better than copper. Research and choose your method. Follow all directions carefully. Treat fish and keep in a seperate tank after treatment until fallow is complete.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
C

Charlesbentley

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be best if you treat him with copper, you won’t be able to see if he has them in his gills ect....
Thank you. He’s been in there like 2 weeks now Since all the others died but never comes out of a rock any how only for food. Looks fine but il do the copper treatment

OP
OP
C

Charlesbentley

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the fish was in the tank that had ICH it will need to be treated for ICH. Even if it didnt or doesnt show spots it is likely still a carrier. Better safe than sorry anyway.

You can use copper to treat for ICH or my always recommended Tank Transfer Method. I believe this is better than copper. Research and choose your method. Follow all directions carefully. Treat fish and keep in a seperate tank after treatment until fallow is complete.
Thank you for the help. I am going to put the fish in a separate tank for the 76 days and treat him with copper whilst in there.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Frag Farm
Back