• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

I WAS a Waterbox Fan Boy...Not Anymore

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Joe Tyler Reefing

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be such a Waterbox Fan Boy, but after 3 tanks showed up damaged in shipment and replacements taking forever to reship, I got fed up. Care seemed to have little to no empathy. I understand that shipping mishaps are not technically Waterbox's fault, however they need to rethink the material they ship some of their tank's in. 2 broken 50.3s in 2021 and 1 broken 65.4 this year because they are shipped in a cardboard box on a pallet instead of the tank being crated in wood. My 130.4 was crated in wood. I still have their 50.3 and it's a beautiful tank, however it took three different 50.3s to get one in decent shape, I settled even though the bottom corner edges have micro abrasions & chips that you can see. Recently I ordered the 65.4 to get some extra space in February 2023. I can't have anything too big because I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex here in Dallas, TX. I received the 65.4 in March, however this one also showed up cracked. I filed a claim, and it was approved the next day. Waterbox said a new one would ship out in a couple of weeks, but it wasn't. Multiple messages back and forth with Waterbox saying the tank was to be shipped next week, then the week after, and then the week after that...you get the point. Here we are in May and still no tracking number and not even one apology. I asked to have my order canceled and refunded. Waterbox tried to stop me from cancelling, saying the tank was going to ship this coming week, but I said I was done, and wanted the refund. They sent me a refund for the tank and explained that the shipping wasn't refundable. I argued that and they finally refunded me the shipping. These tanks are not cheap, and they should be showing up in perfect condition. I feel Waterbox's customer service and quality has gone downhill since I purchased my 130.4 back in 2019 when I owned a house in Baltimore, MD. I am sure there are plenty of Waterbox tanks showing up in perfect condition, but I am just one person that had 3 tanks in two different models show up damaged. Just wanted to share my story with you all. I do not know what brand to go with now after all my tanks (130.4, 30.2, 50.3, kind of the 65.4, cube 10, and clear 10) I've owned have been Waterbox. Any suggestions?

AquaCave Logo Banner
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
BSA
Back