Hydros RODI setup question

javajaws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my RODI container that is hooked up to my RODI unit I have 2 "low/empty" float switches and 2 "high/full" float switches". I currently have them as 4 separate inputs and that works. Each high/low pair is staggered in height so that only one should trigger. On the other 2 I have them set to give me an alarm in case the corresponding primary low/high switch fails - this also works and lets me know if one of the primary float switches has failed.

I'm currently using the RODI pre-defined output type which seems to only allow a single high/low switch to be linked. So I have the RODI solenoid currently only set to use the normal high/low switches to turn the RODI on/off. But if one of those fails it will either fail to fill or fail to stop filling. So what I want to do is have the solenoid configured such that if either of the 2 low switches turn on the RODI turns on and if either of the 2 high switches turn on it turns off.

So how do I configure this so that it will use all 4 switches while keeping the redundant "alarm" switches as separate inputs (so that I can know if/when the primary goes bad)?

OP
OP
J

javajaws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of those as well as the final safety (I also have an "on time" alarm if it runs longer than it should).

But using that alone without the redundant high switch doesn't really tell me if my normal high float switch has gone bad (and it also does not help me know if my low float switch has gone bad either).

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have one of those as well as the final safety (I also have an "on time" alarm if it runs longer than it should).
Seems a little overkill/complicating things IMO. I've never had a float valve in the last 20 years fail and had my reservoir overflow.

I just setup my apex to turn on the solenoid feeding my RO/DI for a little longer than it generally takes to refill my two 40-gallon reservoirs. The float valves stop production mechanically when the tanks are full, and the apex electronically cuts water to the RO/DI shortly after.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like redundancy. It helps me sleep better at night lol.
I have just the low level sensor and high level sensor and as backup a float valve. I also have the maximum on time set to a little longer than it takes. I also have run past max on time set to off. If it does run to max on time it will send me an alert. Then I have a leak detector that will also shut it off. I have never had a reservoir overfill yet.

OP
OP
J

javajaws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is there no way to like create a virtual input that can combine 2 real inputs in an and/or fashion? Or some other way to add multiple high or low inputs to the RO/DI filter output type?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is there no way to like create a virtual input that can combine 2 real inputs in an and/or fashion? Or some other way to add multiple high or low inputs to the RO/DI filter output type?
I used to use multiple outputs and controlled the RODI with them before the RODI output type was released. I did not use a flush valve or booster pump. You may be able to modify that to do what you want. It is in my build thread on page 7 post # 128 is where the information starts for this. Since the the combiner output type can have up to 9 inputs and so can the generic output type. To get to my build thread you can click on the My Tank Thread banner in one of my post. Below is a gate logic representation of the outputs used for the DI reservoir fill outputs. This used 4 outputs. 2 generic outputs and 2 combiner outputs. Since the combiners can only use other outputs for inputs the generic outputs are used to convert the inputs to a single output but they can have multiple inputs.

DI Fill Logic.jpeg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back